Roadside assistance disaster

Just the other day I had to call the NRMA (not sure if I'm allowed to mention there name here?) to jump start the Sportivo as the battery died. NRMA patrol came around and attempted to breath life into the battery, but he inadvertently crossed polarities. Disaster I hear you all say... tell me about it. The end result, the main 100amp fuse blown, no ignition and a lifeless battery thanks to my roadside assistance. I'm sending my car back to my mechanic for assessment in the next day or two.

My question is has anyone had this happen to them before? Should I be concerned (I'm thinking it's not terminal!)

Also, what are my rights when it comes to this situation? Rest assured I'll be chasing NRMA for damages, what proof do I have that this was done by one of there own patrol and not by me.

Thanks.

+1 to what was his reaction and what happened after. If it was me I would be writing down everything that happened, what he did when he got there, how long he took and what was said, you may need all that info.

Has there been any actual damage though? Have you replaced the 100A fuse and tried to jump-start the car again? Whilst it is a stuff-up, and _can_ be quite disastrous, maybe you should find out what the extents of the damage are before you go chasing NRMA for money - would be quite embarassing if your mechanic comes back and says "Changed the fuse, she's all good, that'll be $5"

Very big stuff up on behalf of the guy at NRMA especially when you do that job every day a stuff it up i would definatelty be looking for nrma to pay for anything that may have happened to your car and try to get them to throw in a new battery aswell..... Let us know how it goes with your mechanic very interested to see how it turns out