Advice needed, what should I do with my eye lids

i vote Gloss,

cf wrap imo looks a bit cheap, maybe if you got plasti dip, dip it and see what it looks like as it gives a matte black effect, then if unhappy peel it off.

Currently in the process of colour coding mine :P

i think that would be the way to go, black or carbon would look cheap.

Will post up a pic tonight of my result :)

After a few coats of primer and a few coats of white, they are ready to have a glossy clear top coat :) They are just placed there at the moment so that's why they sorta sit funny but you get the idea.

My vote for color coded fo sure

post-27437-0-69512000-1350461436_thumb.j

post-27437-0-51765600-1350461459_thumb.j

A: paint it matte black

B: paint it gloss black

C: carbon fibre wrap it

D: Colour code them

Agree! but as mentioned in the other post, if they arn't perfectly coded they can look a bit off.

If you can't match em close then go matt black

Agree! but as mentioned in the other post, if they arn't perfectly coded they can look a bit off.

Thanks for that. There's no way we'll be able to colour code them. I just painted them matte black TBH. I'll put up a picture later. They're just drying out now. Matte black is not bad IMO. It blends will with all the other matte black around the front of the car like fog light coveres and bottom grill etc.

Plus I actually bought a TRD mesh grill (shh, was meant to be a secret) :lol:

After a few coats of primer and a few coats of white, they are ready to have a glossy clear top coat :) They are just placed there at the moment so that's why they sorta sit funny but you get the idea.

Thanks mate, I think the only person who has colour coded theirs perfectly was DJKOR as he got hes sprayed at a pro.

Thanks mate, I think the only person who has colour coded theirs perfectly was DJKOR as he got hes sprayed at a pro.

Yeah metallic paints are always going to be a pain unless you know a pro :D

For us DIY'ers white or black is a good choice :P

Thanks for that. There's no way we'll be able to colour code them. I just painted them matte black TBH. I'll put up a picture later. They're just drying out now. Matte black is not bad IMO. It blends will with all the other matte black around the front of the car like fog light coveres and bottom grill etc.

Plus I actually bought a TRD mesh grill (shh, was meant to be a secret) :lol:

Good choice with the matt,

I'm lucky enough to have full 2pak spray equip @ home. A while back i brought 2ltrs of matched white 2k but still think black is a better look on white cars.

But i'm sure you could get a paint supplier to mix you up 250mil in acrylic and pressure glass pack it on then chop/buff shine for a closer match.

^^

Yeah man. I'm not up to the challenge :lol:

So I finished painting and all that. What I done was three layers of matte black. The first spray is always the wet look. Spray it until it's glossy black, second coat, semi gloss and third a light spray over to finish it off. After that I put two layers of clear coat on top and it looks amazing. I was dancing with joy at how good they came out. :D

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

You can see all the other shenanigans I got up to today and a sneak peak of my next mod over the weekend ;)

They look great, and they stand out, I will try as I type this to put a pic of mine painted in black on my black car, they are pretty hard to notice.

OK it says 'You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments' can someone tell me what that means, how do get more allotted disk space?

Edited by SATORI893

They look great, and they stand out, I will try as I type this to put a pic of mine painted in black on my black car, they are pretty hard to notice.

OK it says 'You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments' can someone tell me what that means, how do get more allotted disk space?

Thanks mate.

Use either photobucket or something like that and paste the link :).