Rhys's ZRE sport

rolla91

Hey guys, Since Iv been roaming the forum and asking questions for a while now I thought I would start a build thread since things are slowly getting underway.

Iv got a 2012 Toyota Corolla ascent sport in silver, had it only a few months and im loving it. Its a good allrounder IMO, I have always wanted (and still do) a wrx or turbo forester but havent got around to getting one yet but cant beat the fuel economy, comfort and handling and even the power from the zre for a 1.8 its really not bad. Before the corolla I owned a ute for about a month and hated it but before that I had a 2006 suzuki swift with the normal mods done but ended up selling it to my sister. (picture below)

Now onto the corolla, its got...

35% window tint

painted front toyota badge

front cusco strut brace

rear kmac 20mm sway bar

2 1/4" catback from the torpedo thing

Future plans include...

Injen CAI

Pedders coilovers

Xforce catback (current setup is s**t)

Then continue the track days and drag racing :)

Thanks for looking.

post-28747-0-53617000-1350632471_thumb.j

post-28747-0-23316100-1350632488_thumb.j

post-28747-0-57018400-1350632502_thumb.j

post-28747-0-94780500-1350632517_thumb.j

post-28747-0-24570900-1350632531_thumb.j

post-28747-0-32417600-1350632772_thumb.j

Edited by rolla91

cheers man, hopefully ill get a few pics at the track day so keen its been over a year since iv been on one. the swift was a top little car hey, had coilovers, bigger brakes, catback and intake oh and bucket seats from a different swift haha. the thing was a go kart man i used to get oversteer when pushing on mt runs ahaha the good ol days. basically do the same to the corolla as i did the swift.

prob wont have poke anytime soon but hopefully have it lowered in a couple of months prob after the first track day then ill get it done and go back again see how much it improves :)

nah they are enkei rpf1s on the swift in 16" :) loved that car so much

prob wont have poke anytime soon but hopefully have it lowered in a couple of months prob after the first track day then ill get it done and go back again see how much it improves :)

Just for safety, please upgrade your brake pad first before going to your first track day, the factory pad is pretty ****ty, I use Remsa, you can order from GSL rallsport in queensland..

Change your tyres as well to a better one would be better

This should be interesting :) looking forward to it mate.

What were the specs on the enkeis?

cheers mate, should have some fun along the way. enkeis were 16x7 i think had 205/45/16 tires, lightweight and i think 40 was the offset. got them from jdm wheel imports

Just for safety, please upgrade your brake pad first before going to your first track day, the factory pad is pretty ****ty, I use Remsa, you can order from GSL rallsport in queensland..

Change your tyres as well to a better one would be better

nah man it will be fine for the first one anyway iv done plenty of track days before and iv pushed the corolla pretty hard through the mountains and pretty well know the limits of the car at the moment besides tires are pretty much brand new still and i cant afford to go get different ones. brakes will be fine, i let them cool if i feel brake fade which i got in my other car i had.

twinies :)

haha i know right pretty much identical. if we were in the same state we could get pictures taken of the twins hahaha when mine is lowered of course

Can i ask where you buy the cusco front strut brace from? and how much?

yea man, i got it from greenline.jp and its was $220 posted if i remember correctly. quick delivery too good place to buy from. ill be honest though i didnt really feel a difference when i put it on but i still like it haha

anybody know if you would be able to fit a sports/bucket seat without upsetting the seatbelt sensors and whatever?

i was just thinking the drift brand seat from autobarn also can use a harness with those if i wish too. similar design to a wrx seat. unless toyota made a factory sports/bucket seat?

yea would be pretty technical i reckon to get around the airbag and probably even the seatbelt buzzer and light. i think you can get adaptor things though that plug into the wires so it thinks its all connected properly still but it actually isnt for when you change to a race seat but i dunno where to get them. iv seen it done in new wrx sti's so it can be done just got to know how lol

i can only tell you when I pull off my left seat, there is one plug for the airbag (one yellow, one grey), and one for the seat belt sensor... I am not an electrican, but I guess you can do something about it

yea you can buy these plugs i think that join the 2 wires together to trick the system so it thinks its all connected still just not sure where to get them from

• 1 month later...

so its been a while since an update and yet not much has happened to the corolla, didnt get on the track day i had planned due to finance as i bought a new toy but took it on a enthusiastic drive through some nice corners with good mates so that was still fun.

I got a early christmas present today too... my Injen CAI FINALLY turned up. This has been the worst thing I have purchased due to getting messed around with the company I bought it through and it took waaaay longer to get here then it was meant to then it was a hassle to take delivery from the courier but no matter its finally here in my possesion :D now to fit it to the zre, question... do I need to take the front bumper off to install it?

Now onto the new toy I purchased, Iv never owned a turbo car so thought it was time to get one. I got myself a 95 suzuki swift GTi and fitted a turbo kit to it, I have never grinned so much in my entire life haha it makes me happy everytime I drive it but I must say im glad its not my daily if it was Id prob loose many points on my license lol. It runs a td04, xr6t fmic, turbo chip for 8-10 psi boost and a fuel regulator makes 140 hp atw also has a short ratio gearbox with a LSD and HD clutch.

So probably not much will happen to the corolla for a while but I havent given up on it just need more monies to buy stuff.

Now for some pics...

post-28747-0-56874500-1354865881_thumb.j

post-28747-0-68866800-1354865927_thumb.j

post-28747-0-33115300-1354865946_thumb.j

post-28747-0-91844900-1354865985_thumb.j