grande power rear door failure

dlodlo

The power rear door on my 08 grande has lunched itself.

pulled the trim off and the motor is still working but the main cog has broken 2 teeth off

Anybody else found a new motor at a reasonable price, to scared to ring toyota.

Searched ebay but couldnt find anything

Thanks help would be appreciated

That's not good news! Is the cog plastic?

Wish I could help, can only suggest wrecking yards (or auto recyclers as they call them now!). I know Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne have Toyota dedicated yards.

Good luck with the repair! You need to find a fellow Kluger owner who's happy to swap your broken cog with one from a still under warranty kluger!

Wish I could help, can only suggest wrecking yards (or auto recyclers as they call them now!). I know Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne have Toyota dedicated yards.

Good luck with the repair! You need to find a fellow Kluger owner who's happy to swap your broken cog with one from a still under warranty kluger!

Thanks for the reply

Love the idea of swapping my cog for someone who is still under warranty any volunteers!

So I had some time today to make some calls to Toyota ,total price $2127 very very funny.

Did get the part number 8500748010 and a quick google search came up with price at US toyota dealer of $928.44 ,have sent an email to see if they will ship to Aust.

Coover the cog is made of steel and it looks like I can remove the cog. What are those machines called that can make an exact replica of a part, I have seen them being used on tv.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

Love the idea of swapping my cog for someone who is still under warranty any volunteers!

So I had some time today to make some calls to Toyota ,total price $2127 very very funny.

Did get the part number 8500748010 and a quick google search came up with price at US toyota dealer of $928.44 ,have sent an email to see if they will ship to Aust.

Coover the cog is made of steel and it looks like I can remove the cog. What are those machines called that can make an exact replica of a part, I have seen them being used on tv.

Thanks

Will try a few wrecking yards when I get the chance.

Edited by dlodlo

That price is correct, what a rip off though. Ford Falcons have the same problem and there were a few places on ebay selling a repair kit for them which had a new cog. You might be lucky and there might already be something like that for your car either here or in the states. At this stage though wreckers it is..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so I finally found the time to fix this problem .Spent couple hours on the phone to the wreckers and found a motor for $220 out of an 09 Grande.

I was expecting it to be a nightmare to fit but I got it in and operating in about 15 minutes, it took me half an hour to put the trim back on.

Very happy with the outcome compared to $2200 from dealer plus fitting.