help needed with camry towbar wiring

2 toyotas

Hi all, We have just fitted a new Parkside 50mm hitch towbar to my 2010 Ateva. The complete new wiring loom came with an ECU box and enough wire ( on one of the orange wires) to reach the glove box ( eg fuse box area) OR alternatively, connect into the exisiting multi pin connector in the rear boot ( along with the patch wiring for the towbar wiring) The instructions, while reasonably good are still a bit vague on what constitutes a 'prewired' car.

I assumed that on this model the wiring already goes to the rear ( eg: no need to run the single orange wire the lenght of the car?) And there is an existing matching wire in the existing plug ( in the boot) however the wire, in the matching location in the plug, is green. So it looks like it is 'prewired'.

When the trailer is connected up to the car ( the wiring loom from the boot to the trailer is OK for continuity- on all wires) However none of the trailer lights work! The car trail lights blinkers etc all work.I now the trailer works. And no volts on the voltmeter.

Does anyone have any experience with wiring these?

At this stage my best guess is there is no supply getting to the ECU 'box'. Perhaps the orange wire does have to be run to the glovebox? Or the ECU box is faulty ( the whole install is new equipment)

Any help would be much appreciated.

By the way, the Parkside towbar, itself, fitted quite well ( heaps of bolts, strong as!)

Regards

After much searching ( hopefully, thanks to another post on the Aurion club) I may have come up with an answer. Luckily someone posted the toyota towbar wiring instructions. They are more specific about what fuse to fit in the fuse box. The instructions I had were not so clear. fingers crossed that may fix the problem??

regards

• 6 months later...

I am having exactly the same problem. Power going into the ecu but nothing coming out and going to the trailer plug. So no lights on trailer. Can you direct me to where and how you solved this problem. Thanks.

• 7 months later...

I am having exactly the same problem. Power going into the ecu but nothing coming out and going to the trailer plug. So no lights on trailer. Can you direct me to where and how you solved this problem. Thanks.

Would've been helpful.

Aurion_Towbar_Wiring_Harness.pdf.PdfCompressor-894151.pdf

Edited by boxerboy
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Exactly what I was looking for today.
Installed a new towbar but lost a piece of paper, and the towbar place not open on a Sunday, tomorrowe's a public holiday and I didn't want to wait.
Thankyou

• 1 year later...

Hello all, I know this is an old conversation but any chance someone still has the wiring instructions. I purchased a 2nd hand genuine tow bar and cannot get the lights working. 

• 7 months later...