Toyota badge removal from sterring wheel

Stua76

Hi Guys. Just wondering the best way to remove the toyota badge from the sterring wheel?

seems to be stuck pretty good. Replacing it with a scion badge.

Also if anyone knows if the rukus badge on the back, is it just stuck on with 3m tape or

will it have a couple of nipples on the badge that are drilled into the panel?

thanks again.

If it is anything like previous ones I've seen, the badge is actually 'melted' on.

As in, the logo has pins that are behind behind the cover to hold it in place. You have to remove the cover and get it out from both sides but cutting away the badge bits carefully.

You can, on most Toyotas, just pull the "pins" out by prising the badge. Some will break off but won't affect fitment of the new badge.

As Andrew said, these pins are "melted" in place, causing them to have an arrow head type appearance. If you're careful you can remove them without removing the airbag cover.

Thanks for the advice guys. Will try to pick it out. Slowly.

Meanwhile I have added the scion badge to the front grille. Didn't think that it would come off as easy as it did. Turns out the scion badge was smaller that the existing toyota badge. Thought it looked better to have the chrome ring stay and file it down so the scion badge fit inside the old toyota badge.

Extremely happy with the result. Next weekend it's the tailgate turn. Will also add xB badge from eBay. Although by the looks I will have to leave the rukus badge on as if removed it may leave a hole in the panel.

Let me know what you think guys.

post-30644-0-39614400-1353229389_thumb.j

post-30644-0-92618700-1353229427_thumb.j

post-30644-0-80301100-1353229457_thumb.j

post-30644-0-35524100-1353229511_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stuart- I am the owner of a 2008 Scion xB in NY and have a question, would you be willin to sell your Toyota steering wheel emblem? I have looking to convert my car decals to Toyota and this is the one item that has eluded me. I have been trying to hunt down the Rukus steering wheel, even though I only need the emblem ,but with no luck. Have multiple Rukus accessories but the dealer I purchsed from unable to obtain this part for me (Sydney City Toyota). I may have some Scion parts that may interest you, and I would be willing to assist you with any Scion xB parts you may be trying to source. Thanks for your time and I will wish you happy holidays in advance. Best regards, Vic