Out of warranty, can the rattles still be fixed?

nzzr6

I bought my 08 ZR6 used for $16k with 165,000ks on the clock. So far, the dash rattle issues don't seem to be that bad at all. There is a rattle/creak of some sort coming from the centre console, but jamming my iPhone between my seat and the centre console shuts it up (strange??). The only other rattle comes from the back parcel shelf. First, would it be easy for me to remove the shelf and investigate whatever is causing the rattle without disturbing the airbags, or will Toyota still fix it free, as the car must be out of warranty now? Also, is there any easy fix for the centre console rattle other than wedging my phone between the console and the seat?

Cheers

Edited by nzzr6

Call up and ask local dealers

Hopefully there will be someone willing to do it

If the car wasn't bought too long ago, then try and get it done under used car warranty if you bought it off a dealer

Call up and ask local dealers

Hopefully there will be someone willing to do it

If the car wasn't bought too long ago, then try and get it done under used car warranty if you bought it off a dealer

I bought the car privately, so I guess theres no path for me except to stump up and pay for it?

Ask the local dealers, you may get lucky

Also make sure you get them to give you a quote for diagnosing the rattles, coz sometimes it can take hours to diagnose a rattle and you don't wanna end up having to pay 8 hours labour for it

Or diy

Get a mate to jump in the car next to you, and as you drive and hear the rattle, get him to put pressure on the different parts the rattle is coming from and if it stops it you've found the cause

Then you figure out how to stop it using insulation

Ask the local dealers, you may get lucky

Also make sure you get them to give you a quote for diagnosing the rattles, coz sometimes it can take hours to diagnose a rattle and you don't wanna end up having to pay 8 hours labour for it

Or diy

Get a mate to jump in the car next to you, and as you drive and hear the rattle, get him to put pressure on the different parts the rattle is coming from and if it stops it you've found the cause

Then you figure out how to stop it using insulation

Alright cheers mate, I'll see if I can get it fixed when i take it for its 165k service

I took my car for its 70k service. Told them about the rattle. They fixed it and it didnt have warrenty on it.

Really nice service team at castle hill toyota

Yeah, Im going to book it in for its 165k service soon and they said they can diagnose it for me

They only charges me $106 to fix the panel between the driver and passenger seat.

But for the actual dash rattles, they said they removed and insulated something around the wipers in the dash

center console is a new car warrenty job, it can be replaced on warrently (even past new car warrently), dealers sent a PAR which takes a few days to confirm.

Hopefully Toyota have rectified this rattling noise issue on the new Aurions.

is this a slight rattle near the glove box department near the head unit? there is a toyota bulliton on this and a easy 20 min fix if taken to a dealer

Hopefully Toyota have rectified this rattling noise issue on the new Aurions.

is this a slight rattle near the glove box department near the head unit? there is a toyota bulliton on this and a easy 20 min fix if taken to a dealer

That could be the rattle i am getting, that, and the rattle from the rear parcel shelf