TOYOTA COROLLA ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS (BLACK)

Levin03

TOYOTA COROLLA ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS (BLACK)

is that illegal???

cuz i really want to get one..

what's everyone opinion????

Why would it be illegal?

Well depends on what u mean as black.

If you mean the "glass bits" tinted like, then talk to danyuther (He DIYed it), but as long as your lights are still visible as normal (i.e. when thye come on they're still decently visible) then it should be ok.

If you mean the inside backing plastic to be black then have a look at eddy_torrent's car, or vitagen (<- good ricer!).

Give Cybercentury a buzz, they should be able to find you a lot of the stuff you need (lots of range but may not be the cheapest)

If the rear of the car has no reflectors it's Illegal.

Need to insure that if you're changing tail lights and your existing ones have reflectors incorporated into them, the new ones need reflectors as well.

Does it need to be ADR approved?

Correct.

You'd have to be unlucky to be pulled up because your tail lights aren't adr compliant, but at the same time, do you want to spend $300 for a set and take the risk ?

well i have them on my car and i have been pulled over 10+ times by the boys in blue some have commented that the taillights look great!!!! :D its sumthing different for the corolla's.....if u do have a problem ur argument can be if it was ADR approved then it would'nt be able to pass rego or be sold in australia "leagally" which they are and i have had them for about 2 years now!!!On the other hand only the chrome altezza lights have become a defect as of about 4 months ago to my knowlege with cops taking sum notice but how much do they really know??or want to pick-on but hey we all know sum can be real PR**KS :angry: !!!generally they are pretty cool :P In terms of parts becoming a defect it seems as though when sumthing becomes popular it becomes defectable...We had a theory that because quite a few car manufacturers are releasing new cars with chrome altezza lights to appeal to the younger market they may have suggested to the relevant authorities could they police "after-market" taillight competition so that it becomes obsolete making it only leagal for them to have this product available!?!?!?!? :blink: But who knows it was only our silly theory!!hehehehe :lol::lol:

kekekekeke awwww stop it u making me blush talking about my rear-end!!!!LOL...HAHAHAHA :D :lol: :P

But hey u cant talk your rear end is awsome too!!!sumthing different never seen anything like it on a rolla b4 mr BIG BUM!!!! :D

Heaps of people have altezza tail lights.

I had civic altezza lights with red indicators and got pulled over a few times without

any issues from the cops.

if you really want them just get them. Every friggin lancer has one.

If they are not factory fitted then they have to be ADR approved, which most are. You will also need to notify your insurance company as this is still classified as a modification, and as such they may not cover you in the event of an accident.

i mean just to be safe for retailers in (aus) not to be liable for a customers defects they have to be ADR approved as far as i have been informed by friends that are sum of the biggest importers of after-market taillights in australia they have told me that it is just the "chrome" altezza style so far that is "apparently" a defect!?!?!?!?but who knows whats going on with the laws in OZ????? :P :P :P They suck!!!!LOL........

the do not have to be ADR approved to be sold here in Aus, go down to Autobarn and see how much stuff they sell that has in very small print "for competetion use only) you will be surprised, so just because you can buy it over the counter at the shops does not automatically mean its ADR approved.