1972 Toyota Corona Deluxe- 100% Cali Car...

justchilin

Hey everyone,

New to the Forum and just wanted to introduce my new 'Rona and myself. My name is Nelson, Im 31 and an ICU Registered Nurse. I like collecting old stuff, mechanical clocks, watches and now a vintage Toyota :-). I live in Simi Valley in sunny California. Id like to introduce my car also. She is a White 1972 Toyota Corona Deluxe, 4 door. I got her from a local older man, I think he was the second owner, was his daily driver to work, kept it relatively clean but decided to sell because the carport where he kept it was demolished by the city, sooo, I stepped in. The car is all stock, has the original hub caps (although not on at the moment), the engine was rebuilt about a year ago according the the previous owner. The carb was also rebuilt recently but it was fine tuned, so thats what Im working on right now. Its an automatic, shows 66,xxx although its probably 166,xxx. the interior is mostly intact, one crack on the dash, front seats have some tears along the seams but the back is very clean. The doors are very clean too. The exterior is nice, original white paint, no major dents, no rust that I can see, a few minor surface rust but very minor, missing one bumper rubber but pretty much thats it. Anyways, my second vintage Toyota, I had a 76 celica gt a few years back but had to sell it and Ive been craving another vintage for a while now so Im happy I found this one. Ill post some pictures, keep in mind, I had not washed, waxed or cleaned anything in these pics, they are from the day I got the car. Thank you!

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MOVE THIS IF IM POSTING IN THE WRONG AREA, NEWBIE HERE..THANKS!

AS SHE SAT WHEN I WENT TO SEE HER FOR THE FIRST TIME...

8194138655_a08a4aa3a7.jpg

DEAL MADE, OFF SHE GOES...

8195233222_878c58645f.jpg

SEE, AAA IS GOOD FOR SOMETHING....

8195234342_0b521d708c.jpg'

ORIGINAL CLARION AM RADIO STILL IN, NOT CONNECTED, THERES A NEWER CD IN THE

GLOVE BOX THAT IS WORKING, NICELY HIDDEN. CLOCK STILL WORKS!

8195235638_bd259de454.jpg

BACK SEAT IN GREAT CONDITION, LOOKS LIKE NOT MANY PEOPLE SAT BACK THERE...

8194141433_7394f028b6.jpg

GOT HER HOME, NEEDS A GOOD WASH BUT STILL LOOKING SEXY....

8197423541_2097f719f8.jpg

8198528572_ebec299c0a.jpg

8222664278_487bafb85c.jpg

JUST A BOOTY SHOT, STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL BLUE PLATES..SHE LOST A BUMPER

GUARD THOUGH...ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA??

8198521406_a9ee252cf0.jpg

NO RUST, JUST A LITTLE DIRTY...

8198517726_1ac00a4af7.jpg

8197427227_4ec554ef76.jpg

8197434061_2c20cf8beb.jpg

THANKS EVERYONE FOR STOPPING BY!!!

Thank you for the compliment. I plan to keep it as stock as I can. its pretty complete minus the missing bumper guard/rubber which I am on the lookout for. The interior needs a good cleaning and probably re-do the front bench seat. I have the 4 original hubcaps and will go on tomorrow once I get the car washed (hopefully it doesnt rain) and looking nice and clean. As far as the engine, I just want to keep it running well, I dont want to modify anything. Im in the process of tuning up the carb, when I got it, it had idled bad, the previous owner didnt have the carb tuned after the rebuild. I dont plan of racing it or anything like that, just want to drive it around town and show it off a bit. Im not one to put "dubs" on vintage cars and change the paint to orange or anything crazy like that :-). Ill try to keep the forum updated on the progress. thank you!