Halo Rukus

MsRukus

Hey all :) thought I would introduce myself in here. I'm a 24 year old female from the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

I am the proud owner of a 2011 Halo Rukus. I'm looking to get different wheels for it, upgrade the sound system and maybe make the car a bit more... Meaty. I have no idea how to do this, hence being here :)

I'd love to hear from anyone with advice!

• Like 1

Hey all :) thought I would introduce myself in here. I'm a 24 year old female from the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

I am the proud owner of a 2011 Halo Rukus. I'm looking to get different wheels for it, upgrade the sound system and maybe make the car a bit more... Meaty. I have no idea how to do this, hence being here :)

Hey msrukus

Welcome to the forums..... I'm sure any questions you have can be answered here..... What kind of wheels where yu looking at?.... Choosing a set of wheels can completely change the look of a car.... When wanting to upgrade the sound system what did y have in mind? Also making the rukus more meaty.... Is that as in performance mods?

Chris

Hi, welcome to the forum.. couple things that i may suggest to help your car look abit more "meaty" or unique would be adding a front lip to the bar, its very easy to attach to the front bar, its rubber you can screw it in or just stick it on with double sided tape its more then sufficient, if you're interested just let me know, other mods i have done to my car

Debadged rukus emblem

Removed A pillar vinyl stickers

Tinted front windows

Added oem foglights ( Colour coded )

Colour coded grill

Custom polished engine cover

Mafia series eyelids

Usdm foglights

6000K Hids in lowbeam & foglights

White leds in ( domelight, maps, rear plate, reverse lights, cargo light )

Oznium 3rd brake light

Vinyl wrapped matte black Roof, bonnet, rear bumper sill, side mirrors, fuel cap

Tinted rear lights

Blacked out rear reflectors

Sprayed heatshield white

Trd sway bar ( powdercoated white )

Trd front strut ( powdercoated white )

Tanabe df210 springs

Custom dual exhaust

K & N air intake kit ( Typhoon series )

19" Xxr wheels custom sprayed

Custom plates

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

I have to say just by finding the right set of wheels can completley change the look of the car, so make sure you really have a look at your options, and remember there are people that can custom spray rims like mine if that interests you, also lowering the car makes a huge difference to its stance, but thats entirely up to you - Jim

• Like 1

Yes engines are the same.... Only difference would be if getting the trd cai... You will need to make sure it's for a 2011+ , other then that enginewise they are the same

I use photobucket and use the %7Boption%7D tag.... It's simple to use.....

As for the engine cover I have seen it at scionpro.com I'm not 100% that's where Jim got it from though...

• 7 months later...

Woww i am really lovin that Engine Cover ;) another Change on it's way :clap: this is what Excites me every time seeing how people change their Rukus into Completely Different Car & that's what

makes a Rukus a Rukus. i am always up for new things to add that Special touch so if anybody has other ideas or can help me would greatly Appreciate it. Welcome MsRukus is so nice to know somebody who Owns a Car just like mine & since owning my Rukus every penny i get has gone into my Halo, even though many Friends are at their Wits end & they keep telling me to Stop Spending money on my Car but i can't help it, there is Just so much you can do to it as long as you are having the funds to make your Baby Look more Sexy & Meaty :spiteful: i have Changed the Wheels 16' Speedy Painted inserts... Repainted Mirrors & Spolier Different Color to match my Personalized Number Plate as i have Aquarius Star Sigh which is Purple is why i chose Purple for the Mirror's & Spoiler, had the Exhaust Changed to Sports few Weeks ago Had a Double Square Stainless Steel Muffler Tip Fitted & may i say it Looks pretty Cool, inside i have Blue Led Lights in the Bottom of all the Doors, in the 2 Front Doors i have Down Lights so when you open the Door of a night the Toyota Emblem Shines on the Road pretty awesome my Car is not far off looking like a Christmas Tree ;) soon to have fitted Under Body Lights all around maybe will get them fitted when i move house as i will be driving & i not wish for the under Body Lights to get Damaged. Yes they are illegal but who says you can't get them fitted, i am too wishing to get my Stereo Head unit replaced looking at the Alpine 8' Double din Touch Screen with Navigation, funny thing was i was going to order it from the States as it is much Cheaper to buy over there but there is a Catch the Navigation is already Programmed & will be of the States & not of Australia is why i now must buy from here but hoping will go down in Price. little by little You will make your Halo into Something Special & once you Get Started there will be no stopping you. i Love my Rukus Halo & now i couldn't imagine my life without it :D

Hey Sonia, re: Alpine unit from the states. Can you buy it from there and pay for an update to AUS maps? Not sure if it's possible but might save you a bit of cash still in the end?

@Couzellion... Yes think you are able to buy over there & pay extra to have the Australia maps but haven't really looked into it. i only found out that it is not Compatible when i called into Auto barn & had the man look it up on the net & then he broke my heart ;'( Yes think now i will look into that as an option as i am unable to afford the $2,500 price tag when i can get it over there for half the Price & that's including Postage. will look into it now that you have mentioned it Thank you greatly Appreciate it. if i can save a little money then that will go towards another Project for the Halo :spiteful:

• 2 weeks later...

@ Couzellion i have decided to just buy here in Cairns we have quite a few Auto Shops after getting my Halo back from the smash repairs just repainted Mirror & Spoiler also wheel inserts i decided to call in & see the guys at " Sun Air & Sound " they were Quite Helpful even though i must pay a little extra they are Customizing my Dash to fit the 8' Alpine Head unit & also Customizing in the Back with a Sub Woofer as there is a Gap in the back, as my Halo is not having 9 Speakers like the other Builds just plain 6 which is OK but you need to update & make it Modern & not forgetting to your Liking Here Check out my soon to be upcoming Packaged is going to look Pretty Awesome even if i say so myself :D

Alpine INE-Z928EI

Alpine SPR-60C front component speakers

Alpine SPR-60 rear coaxial speakers

Alpine V70 digital 5 channel amplifier

Alpine SWR-843D subwoofer

Alpine steering wheel control integration

Customized and painted dash panel to fit 8”
screen

Custom fibreglass sub enclosure in rear right side with
painted trim panel

Stinger Pro wiring kit and RCA leads

Including all fitting and tuning

All of these products are in store and we can show you anything you would like
to see, also, you can see the details of each product on Alpines web site at http://alpine.com.au/

• Like 2

Hey all smile.png thought I would introduce myself in here. I'm a 24 year old female from the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

I am the proud owner of a 2011 Halo Rukus. I'm looking to get different wheels for it, upgrade the sound system and maybe make the car a bit more... Meaty. I have no idea how to do this, hence being here smile.png

Well how about i not say too much coz it seems these days what ever i seem to say gets me into a little trouble if you know what i mean :spiteful: i would dearly love for you to see my very first Video on my very First car My Beloved " Rukus Halo " Since you are Knowing & feeling what i am feeling & not forgetting the rest of us well let me Welcome you Whole Kindheartedly as i too am the proudest owner of a 2011 Rukus Halo & i wish You the Best of Luck in Changing your Halo into something that will Represent you as a human Being. My Halo has been to me a Dream come true & now i Just wouldn't see my Life without it. You take away my Halo.. & you take away my Soul that is how Strongly i feel right here right now. OK yes i have spent a lot of Money & Completely Changing it's appearance but when i now Look Back from the first day that i had Driven it home from the Show Room, i wouldn't dare Change a thing. my Halo is Where it is meant to be.. Now sit Back & Enjoy my Very first Video & to let you know now there Will most definitely be another Video coming your way. When i get an Idea Watch out i can become Dangerous :spiteful:

Who knows just maybe you will see what i have done & maybe give you some more idea's that's what this Car Club is all about. Helping out each other & most importantly making one another's dreams become a reality, Just Remember Life is Short, do today what makes you happy not wait until is too late " The Making of a Rukus " by Sonia