Engine Stalls and won't start up straight away

julian040859

I have owned my 2007 Prodigy since new. In the last 6 months I have stalled the engine 3 times by attempting to drive off with park brake on. I try to start the car and it runs for a few seconds then stalls at idle without any load. The only way to get it going again is by leaving it for 5 minutes and then it starts fine again. In the old days with carburetor engine cars, if the engine was flooded you would keep your foot flat to the boards, crank the engine and it would start. Why is this all of a sudden happening and what is the best way to start a modern engine, assuming it has stalled and flooded?

I have searched on the net and found that if you floor the accelerator and crank the engine the computer knows you engine is flooded and shuts down the injectors to clear the flood. I still dont know why this is happeneing of late when it never did before, even if I stalled the engine.

I have owned my 2007 Prodigy since new. In the last 6 months I have stalled the engine 3 times by attempting to drive off with park brake on. I try to start the car and it runs for a few seconds then stalls at idle without any load. The only way to get it going again is by leaving it for 5 minutes and then it starts fine again. In the old days with carburetor engine cars, if the engine was flooded you would keep your foot flat to the boards, crank the engine and it would start. Why is this all of a sudden happening and what is the best way to start a modern engine, assuming it has stalled and flooded?

I am sorry to ask you this but how did you manage to drive off with parking brake on? You didn't notice the brake light icon until later?

It is possible you may have burnt something out in the electronics due to you flooring to get the car moving because of the parking brake was left on.