Power FC

sof

Hey guys i know a few of you have installed and tuned the Power FC just wondering if i can get some help with what i need to buy to get one to work on my sportivo im in the process of spending some coin at monkey wrench racing and id prefer to get a power FC over the AEM

So any help or someones name i could talk to would be awesome thx Dave

It'll plug straight in and run. The car will want to stall under electrical load, such as AC and power steering. Radiator fan won't automatically turn on either. But pretty much fine. Just give the car a 1000rpm idle for the electrical load issue, and keep an eye on the radiator temperature, but again will only be an issue if you are idling for a very long time.

seriously cant believe u just gave that advice SD ..... LOL ....dodgy much :P ...... given the 30+ degree days that are coming this will occur at pretty much every traffic light.

Literally from memory there are 5 pins that need to be altered .... now you can either make up a harness so you dont need to alter the car wiring or you can simply hard wire it into the stock plugs.

To work it out simply download the sportivo ECU diagram from the pinned topic and the celica ECU diagram from the newcelic.org forums and simply mark up the differences and wire accordingly.

sof i replied to your pm i will send you the diagrams which i used when i did my power fc. Everything working except for the Temp gauge on the cluster. I will see if i still ahd the hard copy with i had drawn on detailing what went where and how to do everything. just send me a pm with ur email.

adaptronic, hydra, motec etc are all options but all will require some work to get going ..... top of mind u might get away with the motec being true plug n play given it was being run on the APCC racing sportivo but keep in mind the motec will be 2-3 times the price last time i checked.

oh and yeah u r gonna need to run an external temp gauge for water temp because the stock one will stop functioning

the only options that are close to plug and play are the AEM setup from MWR or a powerfc wtih some repinning.

Motec M48 would be a good option if it supported VVT, but it doesn't. Motec do not have a plug and play solution for the ZZE ECU header.

Adaptronic would work nicely, could even use the lotus 2zz basemap they have, but it does require a custom plug & play adapter harness. The queensland adaptronic distributor has developed a little box of tricks that allows the adaptronic ECU's to drive the ZZE instrument cluster temp gauge.

I like the vipec and link G4 ecu's myself, but they also require a custom adapter loom. I've put a vipec v44 onto pippy's 1zz turbo setup and I have a link G4 extreme running my 2zz turbo.

The benefits of ANY of the full aftermarket ecu's over the powerfc is you have full control over the engine/timing/fueling/idle and you dont need a datalogit box for logging/tuning/interfacing a wideband.

When you sell the car you can also put your stock ECU back in and take your full aftermarket ECU with you for the next car.

At the end of the day, you should be speaking to your preferred tuner to see what ECU they are most comfortable with, as you can spend $5K+ on an M800 and still get a crappy result if the tuner doesn't do a good job.

The plug and play setup for pippy's car looks like this:

ZZE122_V44.jpg

Edited by CHA54

thx for the reply's guys yeah my mechanic is a Power FC fan i told him about the plug and play AEm from MWR he dosnt like aem lol but it seems like it would be so much easier

• 4 weeks later...

You have to watch out with the harnesses there had been a few issue with overfuelling due to the addition of an extra harness. Honnestly i dont know why you would want to go through the hassle of making a new harness..? when changing a few plugs around on the standard plugs would give you the same outcome.. not matter what with or without the harness your are still doing to need an additonal temp switch i guess its just less hassle and less of a change of something going wrong just re-wiring the standard harness