Opinion on new rims

Pah

Hi Guys,

After the missus decided to have an arguement with the gutter last week and kill the front rim I decided it might be time to update the rims. I have been looking around at some different options and instead of the usual busy style I would get am opting for a more open look, what is your opinion on these?

nightrider_zpsb55ce9e2.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I think they would look great, I like the mix of black and polished alloy on them and I like 5 spoke rims, that is the style I want to get for mine when I upgrade, is 'Speedy' on the centre cap the brand or the style? How much?

The ones I have at the moment are 18" and the ride comfort is still good and for insurance purposes I think i will stay the same, these rims only come in 18" and 20" and if I stay with 18" I can use the tyres that are on now as well.

Yeah im tossing up between the Speedy and these Enix which I found yesterday while looking around the net, im leaning toward the Speedy but im trying to find a retailer with both in stock to see them in real life before making up my mind.

564DDC7B-5FDC-42CD-A00F-A2E30B27E2F9_zps05d2e00a.png

Have you tried using photoshop or something to put them on your ride?

I'm almost scared of saving up to buy new rims, as you said, too many nice choices out there!

Yeah dont have photoshop or any experience in using it, might go to Jax they have a wheel wizard to try different wheels on a photo of your car

Thats the prob i faced before, just tooo many choices... in the end i decided to just keep my own :P

I still prefer the speedys Pete, is there a big diff price wise?

Yeah Luke I would keep the ones I have but the wife took a chunk out of one and the clear coat is coming of another and they are not worth reparing so good excuse to replace :)

Havent got a price on the Enix as yet but cant see them being much different to the Speedy

Instead of some 500lb bobjane specials, why not invest in a good set of lightweight jap spec wheels and good tyres? will look, accelerate and handle a million times better

personally, i'd rather stock wheels than those wheels you're thinking of. no offence

4534761912_cd07c3d270_o.jpg

Edited by handsome

Its all good mate no offence taken but I would rather anything than the stock steel rims and hubcaps they dont really do anything for me :)

So visited Jax yesterday and found out the Speedy only come in a +35 offset which is apparently outside the legal fitment for the Aurion and the tyres I have which were fitted by Bob Jane are also not legal as they are only load rated 91 not 95 so looks like im in for new tyres as well

91 is 615? x 4 ='s over 2t.. thats you and 4 possible fat people!

jeeesus sounds like they are clutching at straws to try and flog you new tyres mate.

I don't care what the figures say there is always extra kilo's to move above the rating.

Any idea on new styles?

That is a shame that the Nightriders don't fit (legally), they look great, The speedy Vapor in 18 x 8 have the right offset (ET45), still 5 spoke but the Nightrider look better, the Vapor come in full black or with a polished rim.

SPEEDYVAPORSILVERRIM_zps0b58a144.jpg.SPEEDYVAPORBLACKRIM_zps852084fd.jpg

Edited by SATORI893

Yeah I know Luke but if some nasty insurance assessor wanted to push the point and not payout in the event of an accident then they would have me as the law states any replacement tyre must be equal or better than what is listed by the manufacturer and the placard states 95 :)

And Graeme the Vapour dont look to bad the brochure I have only shows the black ones not the machined lip, they look similar to the Enix Rush which comes in a +38 fitment for the Aurion but at least it gives me a couple to choose from.

The Vapor is nice but I think the Enix Rush look the better. Shame about the Nightrider being illegal, they look really good, for my car if I could I would pick them but I can see once you start looking there is so much to chose from.

Edited by SATORI893

honestly.. i'd rather go for a more classy look than a fully sick habib one (no offense lol!)

how about:

1. http://www.otomoto.com.au/p/6297381/lineasports-18x8-18x9.html just refurbish them. i.e. repolish lips and paint centres black maybe??

2. Bit more simpler and new http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XXR-502-18-18x8-5-5x100-5x114-3-35-CHROMIUM-BLACK-WHEELS-RIMS-350Z-G35-CAMRY-XB-/271113994046?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1fa73f3e

3. JDM YO! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XXR-521-18-18x8-5-5x100-5x114-3-35-GLOSS-BLACK-WHEELS-RIMS-CAMRY-ACCORD-ALTIMA-/271113993679?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1fa73dcf

These aren't anything aggressive etc. since you just wasnt a basic simple look. If you want stance, then they come wider and lower offset but yeh lol. They're cheap as well!!!

Instead of some 500lb bobjane specials, why not invest in a good set of lightweight jap spec wheels and good tyres? will look, accelerate and handle a million times better

personally, i'd rather stock wheels than those wheels you're thinking of. no offence

4534761912_cd07c3d270_o.jpg

I'm in the market for some wheels and these ones look amazing. Any idea what they are??

I like those Nightriders!

Any closer to making a decision?

Cheers,

S.R

Edited by S.R

Sorry no idea what those wheels are. Leaning towards the Enix if I cant get the Speedy to fit, waiting for them to come back from holiday to find out if they will fit the Aurion.