sportivo brake rotor diameter question (solved!)

could someone be kind enough to tell me whether the sportivo rear brakes (or whatever the hell the south africans used) diameter is?

im getting confused with all these ebay listing saying that its for the ZZE123 when there are 2 different sizes of the rotor.

apparently the SA built corollas have 275mm front and 258mm rear rotors

apparently the JP built corollas have 275mm front and 269mm rear rotors

and apparently there was a 255mm FRONT rotor on an earlier model. which doesn't bloody make any sense it being a smaller rotor than the rear when the front does at least 60% of the braking?

being all that, yet i currently have TRD black pads in the rear for the corolla and on the box it says for the ZZT231 and the ZZE123?

so the pad is interchangable between the 258mm and 269mm rear rotors? huh? wtf? am i missing something here?

jesus f#cking Christ someone tell me before i rage quit at toyota. why dont you just make the same size rotor for ALL the bloody corollas across the same range?

rant end.

should have measured the old ones before i threw them out <_<

now i'm going to have to measure these ones on the car on friday night/saturday morning

or unless someone has a spare they can measure.

prozak that website doesnt list the rear for the sportivo, i swear it.

You can try call up supercrap auto so they can call up dba for the sizes if you want, when I ordered my fronts they had the rears too but not slotted, size should be the same though

OK ONCE AND FOR ALL THIS IS AN INVOICE FOR THE CORRECT PART NUMBERS FOR PADS AND ROTORS FROM RDA

IMG-20121221-WA0000.jpg

END OF STORY. BYE

FRONT - 275mm

http://www.ebay.com....6&_qi=RTM839189

REAR - 258mm

http://www.ebay.com....1&_qi=RTM839191

GET ON IT. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIT SMALL BRAKES WILL CONSIDER GETTING THE JAP REAR BRAKES AND BOLT THEM ON FOR EXTRA BRAKING LULZ

and apparently there was a 255mm FRONT rotor on an earlier model. which doesn't bloody make any sense it being a smaller rotor than the rear when the front does at least 60% of the braking?

Plenty of cars have larger discs on the rear, remember that rear calipers often aren't as powerful as fronts (ie single- rather than twin-piston etc etc), and rear discs often aren't vented.

being all that, yet i currently have TRD black pads in the rear for the corolla and on the box it says for the ZZT231 and the ZZE123?

so the pad is interchangable between the 258mm and 269mm rear rotors? huh? wtf? am i missing something here?

Nothing strange about having the same pad fit different sizes rotors, VN Commodore rear pads fit perfectly in KE55/KE70 front calipers for instance...

some insight regarding the trd black pads .... i ran these on the rear previously but they only lasted 12-18mths ..... from factory the OEM ones lasted for 3-4 yrs and have since swapped the TRD black pads out for OEM's and once again they are going on 2+ yrs ..... the rears on our ride performs hardly any work and probably does more to stabalise the car under braking more than anything ..... the fronts on the other hand cop a battering ;) ;) ;)

OK ONCE AND FOR ALL THIS IS AN INVOICE FOR THE CORRECT PART NUMBERS FOR PADS AND ROTORS FROM RDA

IMG-20121221-WA0000.jpg

END OF STORY. BYE

FRONT - 275mm

http://www.ebay.com....6&_qi=RTM839189

REAR - 258mm

http://www.ebay.com....1&_qi=RTM839191

GET ON IT. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIT SMALL BRAKES WILL CONSIDER GETTING THE JAP REAR BRAKES AND BOLT THEM ON FOR EXTRA BRAKING LULZ

GET A BIG BRAKE KIT, REAR BRAKES ARE USELESS ASK JUSTIN LOL

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i've had enough of this shit.

As most people already know, i recently bought a set of rotors for the front and rear for the sportivo. the ebay listing and the aftermarket sites all say that the sportivo take the SA diameter which is 258mm.

well guess what? i tried to get them installed today and they aren't the correct size. they were clearly smaller than the current rotors i got on. mechanic said that they didnt sit flush on the hub. so off they went and now i'm going to order the japanese diameter rotor and fit them on nex weekend.

to further add to this, there was a mate who had his changed to RDA gold rotors a long time ago and he said that his mechanic told him the rotors are smaller than the OEM rears. so he "had to get it custom made" to be fitted on the car. This "custom made" is actually just the same size as the japanese rotor.

another story i heard was that a former member on this forum redrilled celica ZZT231 rear rotors to fit on the sportivo as they share the same size (just not the stud holes corolla has 4 celica has 5) the size was also 269mm.

and this explains why the rear pads on the celica are interchangable between them and the sportivo. also says on the box as well.

this clears it up now and i'll be sending emails to the aftermarket companies to update their information so no confusion is to be had again in the future. i'll also update the corolla faq just in case people want to know what brakes to get.

FYI - the pads are of the aisin type. not the sumitomo. however when i removed the TRD blacks on the rear it said "sumitomo" on them. don't ask why.

that is all, thread closed.

Can someone enlighten me with the link to the correct front Brake Discs for a sportivo..? Im looking to buy a set. BTW if you looking for Brake pads visit Brake4u i got a set of EBC red stuff for just over $100 landed.... =D

if its DBA its DBA759, RDA = RDA7784

and i shall remember that for the future brake4u is that front and back too?

That was just for the Fronts although they do have goodridge braided brake lines and the rears aswell so if you buy a few things or get a group buy happening it becomes alot cheap as shipping is half of that $100

just order the celica ZZT231 pads to aviod confusion. i just enquired about a set of rear and front red stuff pads :)

should really have a set of rotors and pads specifically for track :)

EBC red stuff

DP31325 fronts

DP31326 rears

rear rotors

DBA = DBA713

RDA = RDA7780

just order the celica ZZT231 pads to aviod confusion. i just enquired about a set of rear and front red stuff pads :)

should really have a set of rotors and pads specifically for track :)

EBC red stuff

DP31325 fronts

DP31326 rears

rear rotors

DBA = DBA713

RDA = RDA7780

did you get them off brakes4u..?