Cost of your new Corolla, where it was bought and how you rate it

jsta

My 2011 new Corolla Ascent Hatch Auto was $27,000 minus $3000 for a trade in on my old Corolla Hatch so a total of $24,000.

Bought in December of 2011.

Out of 5 stars the place that I bought it from in the West I would give 0/5.

If I was buying new again I would get it from Nedlands Toyota who seem very good.

Colour of car - Tungston which I think looks really nice. I notice the latest model ones don't have this nice colour.

These cars like the modern cars one can not see the front of the car making parking a living hell.

The good thing is the outside window mirrors fold in with a button in the car. Wish though that it had a light

on this button as at night its to hard to find.

Car performance 5/5 for a smooth ride. Even on a bumpy road it appears to be very smooth.

The automatic gear stick is just weird. Would prefer the up and down like my older Corolla

and at night I need the car cabin light on to see which gear to move it into before I can take off.

If I accelerate to quickly the whole car revs up and goes nowhere so it must be a slightly increase

of pressure on the pedal.

My model had no GPS Nav in it. A CD deck which is a bit dated these days. Why they don't have a usb

stick over a cd deck to save panel room. Then a gps nav could go in its place. It has bluetooth though.

The car is quite high off the ground which is great. That way if I am turning left and a 4wd is turning right

I can at least see through the 4wd windows to see if the road is clear. My older Corolla would only see a 4wd door making

life hard when turning if a 4wd was turning the other way.

It goes

Park

Reverse

Neutral

Drive

Lol

The new automatics look more like a manual stick where they go off to the side and then down wher the

older sticked were: Park/Reverse/Nuetral/Drive//2/1 in a staright vertical line for the gears which was dead easy to use at night.

A button could be pressed to lock it oin that gear but not on the new car. Lean over to get soemthing out of the glove box and

hit the gear stick and it will move into another gear position. Some of my friends have new Toyots and found the same thing.

They've made it look like a manual stick which seems very odd.

I love the smooth ride when driving. I get 464km to the tank. Its a 55 litre tank which is plenty for me.

Some other brands may have a bigger tank but 464km will do me nicely.

The car does get quite hot with all the glass at the front. Still beggers can't be choosers. Overall I like my car.

I prefer the front of my new car to the back of the new model.

I got my silver 2011 corolla ascent from manheim auctions in Sydney. I paid 14250 for it but it came unregistered, to get it on the road and insured came to about 17, I would have to say I really enjoy the corolla, besides the fact that its gutless with the air con on, it goes alright. I'm quite the opposite to jsta i would say the corolla is too high up, gotta slam it on its a$$, I'm still not sure if I like the front "grill" part of the corolla it looks to altise like. I've been thinking of painting that part a diffrent colour and also the rear chrome strip across the back. The rear spoiler is a real real real small one and I found it doesn't really match any of the lines of the car. Aftermarket here I come. Ha ha ha. But yeah overall, its a good little car, with more guts it would be awesome, like 3gr Fe oomph like the blade in Japan.

I purchased a new Corolla a couple of months ago in the run out sales prior to the new model being introduced. I got an automatic Tidal Blue ascent sport for $23,400 from Castle Hill Toyota. Happy I did not wait for the new model as I prefer the look of the car I purchased.

Happy with the car so far. Not a huge fan of the raised gear knob lay out but I am getting used to this as time passes.

Overall a good car that I would recommend.

Edited by mattyboy

I purchased a new Corolla a couple of months ago in the run out sales prior to the new model being introduced. I got an automatic Tidal Blue ascent sport for $23,400 from Castle Hill Toyota. Happy I did not wait for the new model as I prefer the look of the car I purchased.

Happy with the car so far. Not a huge fan of the raised gear knob lay out but I am getting used to this as time passes.

Overall a good car that I would recommend.

That's a nice colour car. I asked about any new models that were coming in 2012 when I was buying in Dec of 2011 and they said no new models coming so I bought then. In April a new model gets released but looks like teh one I had and then the new Corolla announced in recent times. I prefer the front of the my 2011 corolla to the new one which looks like a smiling face on the front. The back of the new model looks better thnan mine but the car looks a lot lower so overall I prefer my model car to that of the new model car.

Many that I know with our cars that are auto's all say it takes time to get used to the manual style stick on the automatic.

Would be much easier if it was lower and staright up and down with the gears over the indents they have. It took me a long while to get

used to this. At night I had to turn the cabin light on just to see which way the gear box went to get it down to R or D from

the park position.

I got my silver 2011 corolla ascent from manheim auctions in Sydney. I paid 14250 for it but it came unregistered, to get it on the road and insured came to about 17, I would have to say I really enjoy the corolla, besides the fact that its gutless with the air con on, it goes alright. I'm quite the opposite to jsta i would say the corolla is too high up, gotta slam it on its a$$, I'm still not sure if I like the front "grill" part of the corolla it looks to altise like. I've been thinking of painting that part a diffrent colour and also the rear chrome strip across the back. The rear spoiler is a real real real small one and I found it doesn't really match any of the lines of the car. Aftermarket here I come. Ha ha ha. But yeah overall, its a good little car, with more guts it would be awesome, like 3gr Fe oomph like the blade in Japan.

Must say the air conditioner is a tad weak on these 2011 corollas. In Perth it gets rather hot and I hvae to have the woindow down for a few mins while the air conditioner gets cold enough. I have to have my fan on 3 or 4 because 1 or 2 is just to weak to use.