UPDATED: *Vent rattle*

adizz131

UPDATE: Please read post below from me Re: new dash piece.

Hey all,

I have an issue with my 07 Prodigy.

I have a rattle in the top vents area.

I am pretty sure it's located in the vents themselves, as when I put my finger in the dash, the rattle almost stops.

Has anyone experienced this issue? any advice on how to stop it, as it's very annoying.

Also, in the process of finding the rattle, I scratched my dash!! I am FUUUMINNNGGG at myself. :'(

Does anyone have any reccomendations on how to fix this? Because if I don't fix it, I will probably go to Toyota and get a cost on a new part.

Please let me know.

Thanks

post-30784-0-30765500-1356683449_thumb.j

Edited by adizz131

Hi everyone.

With this vent rattle I mentioned in the first post, I read somewhere that Toyota fixed it... Is this right?

If I order a new dash piece with the vents in it, will I get the vents that don't rattle?

I would contact your local Toyota dealer and tell them its a know fault with the Aurion and see how you go, they may replace it or come to some sort of compromise. Good luck with it mate.

I am assuming that you have a Pre facelift, GSV40R aurion 06-09.

The common cause for the dash rattles, that I believe everyone has had at one point is generally the areas that the dash piece clips to the dash, and around the ac vents.

To rectify the issue I grabbed the service manuals located in the aurion FAQ, ducked down to the local spotlight (or whatever fabric store you have nearby) and purchased some 3M double tape and 1msqr of felt fabric. I then cut the felt up and wrapped it around the clips to insulate them. I then used the felt on one side of the tape and stuck it to the underside of the dash piece where it meets up with other areas under the dash. Then I doubled over the felt and glued it around the ac vents.

This managed to quiet my dash to the point now where I'd say its making less noise than standard. I'm not sure if the areas around the tweeter pods need to be done as I dynamatted them earlier

I am assuming that you have a Pre facelift, GSV40R aurion 06-09.

The common cause for the dash rattles, that I believe everyone has had at one point is generally the areas that the dash piece clips to the dash, and around the ac vents.

To rectify the issue I grabbed the service manuals located in the aurion FAQ, ducked down to the local spotlight (or whatever fabric store you have nearby) and purchased some 3M double tape and 1msqr of felt fabric. I then cut the felt up and wrapped it around the clips to insulate them. I then used the felt on one side of the tape and stuck it to the underside of the dash piece where it meets up with other areas under the dash. Then I doubled over the felt and glued it around the ac vents.

This managed to quiet my dash to the point now where I'd say its making less noise than standard. I'm not sure if the areas around the tweeter pods need to be done as I dynamatted them earlier