Bird poo/diarrhea on paint & windscreen

Lawz

I seen this thread -> http://au.toyotaowne...nt/page__st__15

but decided better off new thread than revive one from the grave.

I parked my car near a tree for 2 days whilst I was away. Now it appears that either one bird has diarrhea or multiple birds have poo'd together. Sorry have no pics.

They shat on paint just above rear view mirror. This has splattered all over roof plus windscreen and bonnet. It was runny for sure :S

I went to Hoppys today for a wash. Tried claybar the paint work but that didn't work. I used Meguiars QuikDetailer with a microfibre cloth and rubbed hard. This worked partially but still a lot of smaller splats remain. Windscreen I tried Meguiars windscreen cleaner and microfibre cloth with rubbing and this worked slightly.

Was at hoppys for 4 hours trying to remove this crap. I will be trying alcohol to remove the windscreen crap again tomorrow.

Only other way I can think of was to do a full cut and polish with a buffer machine which I have no experience with. Would it be worth paying car detailer to correct the paint (for removal of bird poo stains, water marks and swirls) or to give it a go myself?

Any tips or ideas on what else I could do to rectify please would be great.

Man that must have been baked on hard! Lol. Bird poop shouldnt be that hard to clean off. I just use quick detailer and it comes off okay. But by the looks of it u may have to cut back and polished out to get bird poop etching out of the clear coat.

For me, i need to clean ot off immediately. Otherwise just 2 hours and i will need to cut the clear back. Notkeen on doing this everytime i get bombed by bird shat.

Yeah it's baked on there alright and only after a day :(. I tried methylated spirits on the windscreen rubbing with a microfibre cloth which sort of worked. Windscreen is much clearer now though can still see the splatter here and there... oh well.

Paint work I tried again after another wash, Meguiar's paint cleaner/prep, claybar with quick detailer and microfibre cloth again. Got a bit more off the paint but still quite a lot on the bonnet still remains :(

I think I'll need to speak to panel beaters anyway since I've found few new dents in the roof also... suspicious.

Anyway thanks Kenshin.

Damn! What are birds eating these days? Chilli? I thought oem paint would be more durable than that... I suggest getting 3k grit wet and dry and then polishing it up and see how that goes.

Dents would most likely be taken out by pdr. Dont respray if u dont have to.

Yeah no idea. It's white poo thankfully and not bat poo. It's odd though that the **** was done exactly where my dash cam is mounted. Wonder if it is really bird poo...

Would using a buffer machine similar to Mothers kit at Autobarn etc, for someone like me with no experience is it possible to burn the clear/paint like a orbital would?

check my paint correction DIY thread in my signature. it is possible to burn through with the random orbital but u have to try really hard. with the rotary its VERY easy but follow my guide u should be ok.

check my paint correction DIY thread in my signature. it is possible to burn through with the random orbital but u have to try really hard. with the rotary its VERY easy but follow my guide u should be ok.

yeah I looked into your DIY before posting this thread. Just don't want to ruin the paint as I would like to sell it this year or the next pending on my job. Thank you for the advise however.

I can have a look when I get back into town Lawrence.

That would be brilliant if you could please Andrew :)