Hey guys, just recently bought an 05 sportivo. I don't know if its my driving but when I take off on first and reach over 6k revs, the clutch gets stuck about half way after I changed to second. And also the gear gets jammed a bit too between first to second.

I had this problem with my '05 sportivo too. I'd go over 6000rpms hitting lift in 1st or 2nd & it wouldn't shift!

With mine, it was the gearbox oil. I had the gearbox oil drained, had new penrite gearbox oil put in & also added Nulon G70 & it stopped. The clutch was fine in mine but I'm not sure about your's mate.

I had this problem with my '05 sportivo too. I'd go over 6000rpms hitting lift in 1st or 2nd & it wouldn't shift!

With mine, it was the gearbox oil. I had the gearbox oil drained, had new penrite gearbox oil put in & also added Nulon G70 & it stopped. The clutch was fine in mine but I'm not sure about your's mate.

gear oil has nothing to do with the pedal.. its a clutch or pedal problem, or hydraulic problem...

can you press the pedal while in neutral and just keep pumping till it gets stuck half way then look at the fork on your gearbox (look before u do this so u know when the fork is pressed and depressed) if your fork has returned all the way but your pedal hasnt maybe its the pedal itself. usually the spring in the pedal will lift it back up..

gear oil has nothing to do with the pedal.. its a clutch or pedal problem, or hydraulic problem...

can you press the pedal while in neutral and just keep pumping till it gets stuck half way then look at the fork on your gearbox (look before u do this so u know when the fork is pressed and depressed) if your fork has returned all the way but your pedal hasnt maybe its the pedal itself. usually the spring in the pedal will lift it back up..

I actually did a post a thread about this previously bud. It was about how my sportivo wouldn't go into 1st & reverse.. I have to press the clutch twice, sometimes even 3 times, then it'll go in. The car has done 90,000kms now.

My mechanic had a look at it when I got the minor service done last week & he said the same thing as you. He said it's a clutch problem. He can adjust the pedal but it won't do a big difference he said. He's suggested to go for a new standard clutch & it'll fix the problem.

Hey guys, just recently bought an 05 sportivo. I don't know if its my driving but when I take off on first and reach over 6k revs, the clutch gets stuck about half way after I changed to second. And also the gear gets jammed a bit too between first to second.

Get it checked out by a mechanic, maybe it's your clutch pedal!

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.itwhat

IMO; maybe u have a leaking master or slave cyl?

hold the pedal down and watch the fork and seek if it returns (leaks) so to speak.. get a broom or something and press the clutch pedal down and inspect the salve cyl.. see if it returns ?:!:!:W$%#%^$%^

inspect the clutch pedal tooo

Thanks for the fast reply guys! I've tried what 123 Prozac said and it didn't jam up.

I'll try changing the gear box oil first since its a cheaper option and then change the clutch if its still wrong. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

Thanks for the fast reply guys! I've tried what 123 Prozac said and it didn't jam up.

I'll try changing the gear box oil first since its a cheaper option and then change the clutch if its still wrong. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

Hope it turns out well for you mate. My clutch still doesn't disengage sometimes & I have to press it twice or 3 times.. Really tempted to just go for a HD Exedy clutch.

No point with the oil.. IMO.. Cause oil needs to be drained (into a clean container if your gonna keep it)..

What ever it is, either pedal system or clutch let us know when it's fixed..

Again; clutch isn't in the oil clutch is dry not part of the oil system to cause it to get stuck half way, pedal I reckon..

Keep us updated !

100% def not the gearbox... how can a gearbox problem move your clutch pedal to start with??? I had the same problem as few times before i changed my clutch kind of felt like the clutch was sticky...honestly save yourself the $150 or so on the gearbox oil and additives usually you will only change the oil if you have a problem in selecting gears/crunching gears not an issue with a clutch pedal... totally different

Or just came to my head make sure that the clutch line is still fine eg. no air in the system or cracks and all the fluid is still there

Edited by LFT-OOF

In my case, it's the clutch.

The mechanic has suggested to go for a new clutch so let's how that goes.

If your clutch is good then I'd suggest to get the clutch cable adjusted &/or the clutch pedal!

Also, I changed my gearbox oil because shifting between gears was really rough. Ended up that because the previous was getting it serviced by Terry Shields, the gearbox wasn't changed since brand new!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to post this so late but -

The Sportivo's had issues with their gearboxes. Check out the stickies :)

I managed to get a brand new gearbox out of hinterland toyota cause they could never figure it out (Told them about it everytime I took it for a service then 5 days out of warranty the guy finally said yeah theres a problem...But since I had been telling them for so long Toyota HO told them to replace the box at their own cost :D) - it also didn't fix the situation. Always felt like the gear stick would double click in and then you knew it was engaged, 1st to 2nd was impossible to shift aswell. didnt matter where I shifted at.

Replaced everything with stage 2 clutch kit (All up parts and labour was $900) Got a faster response out of it and no more gearshifting issues - Ever :)

Sorry, I meant the gearbox oil had not been changed since the sportivo was brand new!

I haven't been on the forums lately because I've been so busy with work. Finally got a chance to jump on.

About 2 weeks, I bought a HD Exedy clutch from Turbo Spares in Cabramatta NSW. My mechanic installed it & I haven't had a problem with shifting when in lift! While he was there, he machined the flywheel as well.

I've had the gearbox oil changed when the minor service was done at about 90,000k