to anyone that would know?

eddy_torrezz

hey guys after my crappy dyno run on sunday besides having toyota checking the ecu and air fuel sensor while replacing the CV joint.

anyway maybe also thinking my magnaflow muffler might be an issue to even though the stivo has felt more powerful(midrange) since installed.

anyway most of the guys on sunday reckon i should put original back on but what i wanted to do when i got the magnaflow (but have have enough cash) was run a duel system exhaust.

anyway would it make a diff if i got duel system and ran duel original sportivo mufflers to performance besides sound/looks?

or should i just hold out till my warranty is up and just do full exhaust/extractors system?

any help would be great.

thanks in advance

hey man i got full zorst on now

maybe you have read about my problems with stivo (maybe its a dud) post

anyways basicly it felt heaps better when it was installed but after a little while started running lik ea real dog and i got a dyno test and frankly it was embarrasing

all out of tune running rich and everything

well anyways last sat before the cruise and meet in sydney

i reset my ECU again with some good fuel that i am now sticking too

and basicly i ran it in PROPERLY (something a little different to NORTHYS DIY POST ON ECU RESET)

and now all i can say is it feels like i got 20kw from no where

i dont know why but its just feels so damn good it hammers now

so maybe yu reset ECU and drove it in wrong like i did first time when i got zorst

maybe i dont know im not the expert but i have had that same problem

Edited by evl_50a

hey man i got full zorst on now

maybe you have read about my problems with stivo (maybe its a dud) post

anyways basicly it felt heaps better when it was installed but after a little while started running lik ea real dog and i got a dyno test and frankly it was embarrasing

all out of tune running rich and everything

well anyways last sat before the cruise and meet in sydney

i reset my ECU again with some good fuel that i am now sticking too

and basicly i ran it in PROPERLY  (something a little different to NORTHYS DIY POST ON ECU RESET)

and now all i can say is it feels like i got 20kw from no where

i dont know why but its just feels so damn good it hammers now

so maybe yu reset ECU and drove it in wrong like i did first time when i got zorst

maybe i dont know im not the expert but i have had that same problem

what was your dyno run?

its been reset once but toyota are looking at it tomorrow so ill se what they come up with although i reckon knowing what toyota are like they will say its the exhaust.

TRD_141 had a dual system on his pre-facelift car and certainly didn't lose power with it (They weren't the stockies though).

However, before removing your rear muffler and putting the stock one back, I would really do the DIY ECU reset and give the car a good flogging before doing anything else.

In fact after seeing my runs on Sunday and how much the car opened up from 1st to 3rd runs, this is something I'm going to do over the weekend too.

yeah im gonna do that first cause i really do like my magnaflow muffler.

but when it was fitted the exhaust guy(family friend) told me i shouldnt have a problem running somthing similar as my stock exhaust in duels. he said just takes some small modifacations.

anyway ill wait and see what crap toyota speel to me first then ill reset the ecu then after its been reset im gonna contact simon from nt performance and try the dyno again before i 100% make up my mind.

well eddy.. when you go to NT performance let me know...

maybe we can do a 2 for 1 kinda special..

id be interested in my figure now with stock muffler

yeah i rang simon today at NT performance and he said to just give him a day or so notice to organise it. its $80 for 3 runs.

funnily enough he remembered the underpowered stivo as soon as i mentioned sunday lol.

when i went to toyota yesterday to drop the car off for the replacing of the CV joints i mentioned the dyno issue and asked them to check the ecu and make sure evrything is ok or that its definatly been recalled like they had told me.

anyway was supose to pick it up today but when i rang to see how it was going they said everything i asked to be checked had been done and CV joints were replaced but they were still looking at the power issue. and that it wouldnt be ready today because they were waiting on another ecu to try in it so it wont be right till tomoz by the look of things hopefully they replace the ecu and by doing that everything will be reset. so ill have to flog her abit when i get it back then go to NT performance and have it dynoed again to see the diff before i waste my time removing the muffler.

ill contact you motoman when im ready to go back there hopefully next week sometime if possible.