spring question.

i found a set of koni springs for cheap he said they are for a 04 05 so I'm assuming facelift? Wondering if they will fit a 03 pre facelift. Also are koni springs good? They are super lows?

thanks.

i went with what i knew. 250 is the standard price but you know your buying new items

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-ZZE122-123-SEDAN-WAGON-F-R-LOW-30mm-LOWERED-COIL-KING-SPRINGS-/181019645036?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a259c946c&_uhb=1#ht_868wt_1037

there super easy to install and personally i think super L's would be too low. rfSyqaf.jpg

Yeah they'll fit your pre-face.

Koni super lows? You mean king super lows?

I find that super lows is WAY too high... I was very disappointed after I had installed them

For cheapass spec i'd go for a custom height spring (at least 3" drop) from Jumbo or KMAC. Or coilovers. King springs are too soft, handles like sh!t

Edited by handsome

i found when i had kings on the car that after a while the car sat about 1/2-3/4 of an inch lower and then it pretty much settled at that height.

that could possibly be it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Springs don't really sag!! Suspension bushes sag!! Did any of you loosen the bolts off on the rear torsion housing and re index the bushes? I'm guessing not if your car has sagged!!

Fit your springs then loosen off the torsion housing bolts off then just nip it back up. Go for a quick drive and then come back and tighten the bolts up. The bushes are used to sitting in a certain position then you change that position with lowered springs. You have to let the bush find its position with the car lowered. If you don't the bush is under constant twisting pressure trying to hold the car at stock height even thought it is lowered. The rubber in the bush begins to deteriorate in strength and becomes soft. That is where your "sag" comes from. It is the bushes finally saying " I can't stand the pressure anymore" and they soften and twist. Of all the king springs I have fitted over the years I have never seen a set sag more than about 2-3mm. And most of that will be the springs settling in the rubbers in the spring perches.

Kings lows are 35mm drop

Kings super lows are 50 drop

Sportivos sit higher than 1zz by about 10-12mm and they also sit higher in the rear than the front by just on 15mm. If you want the car to sit level and handle a lot better put lows in the front and super lows in the rear. Car will sit almost dead level and handle really nice!! Remember to index the rear bushes!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Springs don't really sag!! Suspension bushes sag!! Did any of you loosen the bolts off on the rear torsion housing and re index the bushes? I'm guessing not if your car has sagged!!

Fit your springs then loosen off the torsion housing bolts off then just nip it back up. Go for a quick drive and then come back and tighten the bolts up. The bushes are used to sitting in a certain position then you change that position with lowered springs. You have to let the bush find its position with the car lowered. If you don't the bush is under constant twisting pressure trying to hold the car at stock height even thought it is lowered. The rubber in the bush begins to deteriorate in strength and becomes soft. That is where your "sag" comes from. It is the bushes finally saying " I can't stand the pressure anymore" and they soften and twist. Of all the king springs I have fitted over the years I have never seen a set sag more than about 2-3mm. And most of that will be the springs settling in the rubbers in the spring perches.

Kings lows are 35mm drop

Kings super lows are 50 drop

Sportivos sit higher than 1zz by about 10-12mm and they also sit higher in the rear than the front by just on 15mm. If you want the car to sit level and handle a lot better put lows in the front and super lows in the rear. Car will sit almost dead level and handle really nice!! Remember to index the rear bushes!!

Actually a fwd should always sit higher at the back if you want better handling

Sitting level is just for looks and 4wds

You want more grip in the front for obvious reasons and less in the back to limit under steer

(Second year mechanical engineering student for what it's worth, I'm not just guessing)

My zre152 sedan has stiffer sports coils in front and back from Lovells, the front lower 40mm

The back about 50mm which does reduce the huge gap difference it came in but still a lot better, and on top of that I've got a 2 stage kmac rear sway bar, and the car runs on 215/40/17R wheels on 8 inch whose Lexus mags so there's a bit of stretch to stiffen the sideways

I've had impreza drivers and even a r32 golf driver be very surprised how well the car takes corners without over or understeer

Hope this help with anyone looking for handling

You want more grip in the front for obvious reasons and less in the back to limit under steer

Are you providing more grip to the front wheels, or taking grip away from the rear wheels ;)

Springs control body roll, anti-roll bars control the balance.

• Like 1