high rpm but low power - Clutches

I have faced this issue for a while, I have asked around, but no body can answer my question.

the zze123 is about 190000k, it need to start with a high RPM and have a delay, which looks like not enough power.

Anyone have experience and similar to this case? is time to trade in for a new one?

updated 20-2-2013: Toyota advise to replace the clutches, can anyone introduce a workshop in VIC?

PM me, and many thanks

Edited by littleBlacks

Ok dude that doesn't make sense

It need to start with high rpm and have a delay ? Which looks like not enough power ?

usually when I step on the accelerator at 2000 or 3000rpm, it will go and respond quickly at gear one. But now I need to step on 4000 or more rpm then the car start to move, it took a longer time from 0 to 24km/h. Which I feel I need more power to power on the car than before.

Is it a manual? clutch might be slipping?

Given that its a zze123 i.e. sportivo it will be manual.

There are so many reasons why this could be happening

as mentioned it could be the spark plugs are done

it could be u have a coil pack no longer working

it could be a dirty maf sensor

it could be the butterfly valve in ur T/B is not functioning properly

as dumb as this sounds it could also be that ur 2 front tyres are flat

without a proper drive of the car from someone who knows a bit about cars its hard to say where ur issue is

Thanks a lot everyone. Simply said I give the vehicle fuel, but it does not pickup immediately and need to use more rpm than normal.

I have service every 6 months with Toyota all in log book.

In the past the car start sound very nice like this, eheheheh.... bom! bombom!...(loud and strong) but now.... it is ehehehehehehehehhe... ehheheheheh.... bom! (weak and low volume sound)

Thanks, sounds like the spark plugs, I wish it is not transmission or gearbox. I will bring it to the dealer and check it out.

https://www.toyota.com.au/owners/parts/engine-drive-train/spark-plugs

Common signs that your spark plugs need to be replaced include:

• Difficult starting
  • Unstable running
  • Engine misfires
  • Increased fuel consumption

Thanks again :) I dont wanna get a new 2012/13 ZRE182R now, because it looks like a mini tarago (personal opinion) hehe

Is it a manual? clutch might be slipping?

Given that its a zze123 i.e. sportivo it will be manual.

There are so many reasons why this could be happening

as mentioned it could be the spark plugs are done

it could be u have a coil pack no longer working

it could be a dirty maf sensor

it could be the butterfly valve in ur T/B is not functioning properly

as dumb as this sounds it could also be that ur 2 front tyres are flat

without a proper drive of the car from someone who knows a bit about cars its hard to say where ur issue is

Maybe one of you is the toyota dealer technician. The sales person kindly report to me I need to change/replace the Clutches after test drive. Frankly, the quotation is doubled what I expected.

Can anyone introduce a good workshop in vic can do this?

I found an OEM part here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EXEDY-CLUTCH-COROLLA-ZZE123-SPORTIVO-1-8L-1ZZGE-2003-06-/150821695944?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231dac71c8

but not sure if this is worth or not.

I want toyota parts :) thanks.

Edited by littleBlacks

Wow

Honestly, don't take offence, but if that's how you describe a slipping clutch "high revs no power" it's poor grammar man.. Or poor choice of words

When u say lack of power usually means driveline is fine but the power has decreased..

Slipping clutch is best described "drive my car in first but the front wheels don't spin but rpm is high and cultch is disengaged "

Wow

Honestly, don't take offence, but if that's how you describe a slipping clutch "high revs no power" it's poor grammar man.. Or poor choice of words

When u say lack of power usually means driveline is fine but the power has decreased..

Slipping clutch is best described "drive my car in first but the front wheels don't spin but rpm is high and cultch is disengaged "

Sorry for the misleading in words.

I have seen you from the following topic, . Could you can give me some advise about a clutch replacement in VIC. The people said toyota genuine part is not good =.=" I am confused...