Help! does anybody knows what is this part?

arjobax

Hi

does anybody knows what is this round part under the red circle next to the air intake ?

I realized In my car the pipe is unattached from that thing and the plug, is broken.

Is it a vital part inengine or not? and can I drive my car for a couple of days before I fix that part?

and finally, anybody knows how-much its going to cost me to get that fix?

Its a 2010 Auriun ATX

Thanks

post-31830-0-97063200-1361183329_thumb.j

It looks like it is part of the 'Idle Up' switch system, it probably works on air intake temperature for cold starts. Best thing is take it to Toyota and see if a mechanic can look at it without booking it in. They may and probably will tell you to book it in and even if they look for free they will tell you it needs replacing, not sure if it's vital though. If that fails find an independant mechanic who is familiar with Toyotas and see if it needs replacing.

It looks like it is part of the 'Idle Up' switch system, it probably works on air intake temperature for cold starts. Best thing is take it to Toyota and see if a mechanic can look at it without booking it in. They may and probably will tell you to book it in and even if they look for free they will tell you it needs replacing, not sure if it's vital though. If that fails find an independant mechanic who is familiar with Toyotas and see if it needs replacing.

Or..... It's your Flux Capacitor. You're not gonna be able to travel back in time until you get this fixed. In the meantime you're speed limited to below 88mph. :P

Looking at the service manuals which DJKOR has posted in your FAQ's on this forum, I found the following:

2z9k495.png

Also found a thread which may be of use:

That is the diaphram that opens the butterfly in your intake system once you get beyond a certain rpm / load. Toyota installed this as a way of keeping your engine quiet at lower revs. I switched a couple of vacuum lines to hold it open all the time before I fitted my dc sports intake. The butterfly is moulded into the inside of the intake pipe. You cannot simply do away with this diaphram as your butterfly is spring loaded and will hold shut until vacuum to this diaphram opens it.