New exhaust feels funny

Hey, to all those that have/had stivo cat backs put into a 1zze.

I'm wondering if what i'm getting is normal.

After the zorst went in, i did a ecu reset

but now the top end of the engine power seems to be harder to reach.

Mine's an auto and when flooring it, it doesn't seem to pull as hard.

engine "roar" has decrease somewhat as well when hitting high revs.

Is it normal? Or am i just not used to it yet?

Hey, to all those that have/had stivo cat backs put into a 1zze.

I'm wondering if what i'm getting is normal.

After the zorst went in, i did a ecu reset

but now the top end of the engine power seems to be harder to reach.

Mine's an auto and when flooring it, it doesn't seem to pull as hard.

engine "roar" has decrease somewhat as well when hitting high revs.

Is it normal? Or am i just not used to it yet?

reset again and fang it

I have an auto, has a remus exhaust with a larger diameter of piping all the way through including the headers.

Feels fine to drive, no loss of power, a little gain but not much.

Feels great to take off hard, car makes a funny deep grumbling noise from extra torque and then slowly pulls off. :D

Have a stock ecu, has never been reset.. the car learnt itself after a few weeks. Also have a CAI.

you know my story kev. full custom larger piping catback exhaust, cai, headers. feels different and weird at first, but after a while you'll notice the improvement.

like i said, just drive it hard for a few days and it'll gradually learn and you'll slowly notice the diffference.

Ok, ANY auto owners out there that have had positive results with larger diameter exhuasts?

On our wagon, we're running a K&N panel filter, and a two inch system from the resonator back to an Ultraflo muffler.

Our aim was an improvement in low end torque without too much noise, and we've managed that quite well. Noise when up it makes Buddha happy, quietness when crusing makes Mrs Buddha happy! B)

I haven't had it dynoed, so I won't know exactly how much difference has been made, but as an example, we have a decent hill near our place that the wagon had a spot of bother with (mainly hunting between 3rd and 2nd) ... now she just powers up in 3rd.

All up cost was a bit over $300 for filter and exhaust, well worth it in my opinion. I haven't reset the ECU, though, so I might do that and see what results.

Give it a couple of weeks for the ECU to settle down into a new consistant map and see how it is feeling then. I felt the same when the CES was put on mine but after a while when the car settles down it starts to feel great... anyway, how's the sound compared to the old one... I want to see pics of my baby's new home :) :D

hey negatron!!!!I've got the same as u 1zz-fe Auto.....i have a 2 1/4" exhaust system and my torque down low is great now better than before and the top end speed has improved dramtically!!!! :D with just the cat-back u might find that its hard to get up to around 110-120km/hr (its fast up to 70 but becomes sluggish after that) with my exhaust now i can pull out to 120-130 very fast and it only becomes alittle sluggish around the 140-150+km/hr GREAT TOP END!!!compared to when i just had a cat-back system!!!

i had a loan car 1zz auto for a week and it was stock of course and it would top 110 km in 2nd gear quite quickly and could pull to 140-160 alright. from 160 up it was slow

hey runx and negatron can i ask what is the max speed does your car get to when it changes from 2nd to 3rd gear? also have you tried top speed before? interested in finding out thats all. done in normal drive mode not O/D

Edited by kcorro

2nd to 3rd i had it around 130-140km/hr the most i have taken my car too is about 160km/hr so far untill further mods.... :P Man the car becomes very light in the steering so time to back off the excelerator!!! :lol: