AE112 sedan aftermarket rims 16x8

monkeyboyvin

So after a good long 10 years of the car being in the family the car has been passed on from my brother to me and i have been driving it for the past 3 years.

I've recently worked myself up to get a bodykit ( painting and fitment is pending due to me being in uni) a set of dished rims, and lock lug nuts.

16X8, 4x100 +15, 3inch lip. Getting 195/45/16

Anyone got comments on fitment?

Will I rub against the inside walls and if i get coils will i need to roll the fenders/ negative camber.

2ln8mrs.jpg

25zpifa.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys, been reading your threads for a while now jaay. I'm keen to get a pair of bc racing coilovers to go with the rims although there are cheaper alternatives such as ae101 coilovers which are 800-900 but are from Malaysia. How low are you guys running for rear.

I originally thought getting a pair of super low springs from eastern states would be a good choice, but after i realised i would most likely rub my guards due to being so wide i was worried that the clearance at the rear guards would be too small and dangerous.

Thanks for the advice guys, been reading your threads for a while now jaay. I'm keen to get a pair of bc racing coilovers to go with the rims although there are cheaper alternatives such as ae101 coilovers which are 800-900 but are from Malaysia. How low are you guys running for rear.

I originally thought getting a pair of super low springs from eastern states would be a good choice, but after i realised i would most likely rub my guards due to being so wide i was worried that the clearance at the rear guards would be too small and dangerous.

Thanks man. Yeah you can get any coilovers from AE101-111 to fit onto our cars. Try find a good set of jap coilovers if you can. New or second hand. Or go for MRP coilovers. I've heard good things about them.

http://www.mrpltd.co.nz/product/270/corolla-ae101-2f111.html

If I didn't have these JIC Magic coilovers I would of got the MRP ones. But I'm happy with what I got :)

Thoughts on whether i should purchase from this ebay seller

DND Coilovers ae101,ae111 for $790 inc. shipping.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DND-40-Step-Adjustable-Coilover-Kit-Shocks-Toyota-Corolla-AE101-AE111-87-01-/150926052122?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2323e4cb1a&_uhb=1#ht_2478wt_1163

or just go all out and buy from justjap who are selling bc racing coilovers for $1199 inc. shipping.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BC-Racing-BR-Coilovers-Coilover-suit-TOYOTA-COROLLA-AE101-AE111-93-97-/111036750291?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19da4e59d3#ht_2170wt_1397

The benefits i get from buying from justjap, it will arrive within 5 business days and the fact that they are obliged to follow Australian consumer standards if something was to go wrong with the item. Benefits of buying from malaysia is saving 400 dollars although maybe waiting for 10 business days or more.

Never heard of DND. IMO dont go for those cheap brands.

Also, keep in mind whether or not they have rebuild kits if something goes wrong and you don't have the money to spend on a new set.

I'm pretty sure BC have rebuild kits, not to sure TBH.

If you are going to get BC's, get them from Australia.

As I said before in the other post, look at MRP coilovers. $1300NZL is like $1100AU. For the same price as the BC Coilovers, MRP in terms of quality are probably better than BC's.

Pedders also have coilovers for our model. Ive also heard good things about them, but not to sure how much they are.

A few people on this forum have BC coilovers. I haven't heard anything bad yet about them, but its up to you in the end :)

I remember MRP, because a while ago i ask them about if they had coilovers, I had a good look at their prices and postaging. Turns out it comes up to $1250 AUD inc shipping. So either way its 50/50 now i can get 1 week shipping for BC coilovers or 1.5 week shipping for MRP.

Thanks for the help guys, I might start a post in the members ride section on my progress. SOOOOOON so much prepared for this car this year.

Scratches repainted and getting the black trim repainted to match the car.

First thing I will post will be the coilovers purchase, installation, rims+tyres fitted. Hopefully get the rear fenders rolled to be safe and i should be good to get rolling in my rolla.

where did you get those rims from , there beautiful. Also i run 15x8 +25 on my 112 and you have to roll the rear gaurds, the front should be fine i run super lows on std struts an theres enough room

I got them off ebay, an eastern states guy was posting them up on ebay. I managed to do an transaction within paypal but outside ebay. It saved me and him like 20 dollars. I originally contacted the company itself to ask for the rims, but due to high demand in 4x100 silvers they wouldn't have new stock until a whole month later.

The guy hooked me up with a set of Klutch SL1 16x8 4x100 +15 silver rims shipped from America. I wanted to buy from the company because they had a promotion,If you buy a set they give you $150 dollar for merchandise.

I have to hand it to the guy, freight shipping and tracking with UPS was amazing. Just perfect shipping estimation and guarantee date of arrival. The day it said it would be ready to delivered was the same day it was delivered to my house.

Hub caps included unlike some rims you have to purchase. Although valve stems were not included. 50/50 Some you get some you don't. So I am hoping my tyre dealer has chrome/silver valve stems.