Bride Replica Seats

Just wondering if anyone knows much about these Bride Replica Seats and Whether they're still half decent or not, for the price they're a bargain 50% less than genuine Bride Seats.

Calling it a Bride replica seat doesn't change the fact it's built like crap. The Bride name carrys a bit of JDM y0 tax, so don't forget to look into the other brands like Recaro/Sparco/Cobra for cheaper prices. It is also best to test fit the seats, as they are slightly different shapes and you may not fit a sight unseen seat, and forever hate it because it hurts your back on long drives or something. My seat is more comfortable than the factory seat; for me at least. If anyone else is going to drive the car, it is also a good idea that they test the seat out. Propoer bucket seats (fixed back, not reclining) for men are a different shapre than those for women.

I tried reading up about these a while ago on the internet.
There's a bit of hate on these replica seats since people who buy the real thing get mad lol. Read a pretty long thread on some STi/Evo forums.

I think one of the most important factors is safety, and whether you'd trust your life with that seat, if you did get in an accident. Especially the recliner ones...you don't know how strong they will hold up in crashes. You might save $1k on each seat, but some say you'd be better off just paying that extra $1k because it might actually mean your life.

If anything, I'd get the 1 piece non-reclining seats since they should be more sturdy than the reclining ones.

My friend's got 2 Bridge Gias replicas in his track car but with geniune takata harness and rollcage. Maybe this could ensure better safety if you decide on getting replicas.

I used to want to get them as well, but I think now I'd rather settle with some genuine Recaros. If you look around Honda forums you might be able to find some 2nd hand Type R Recaros (Recaro SP3 i think?) for around $1k which isn't that much more than replica Brides.

I tried reading up about these a while ago on the internet.

There's a bit of hate on these replica seats since people who buy the real thing get mad lol. Read a pretty long thread on some STi/Evo forums.

I think one of the most important factors is safety, and whether you'd trust your life with that seat, if you did get in an accident. Especially the recliner ones...you don't know how strong they will hold up in crashes. You might save $1k on each seat, but some say you'd be better off just paying that extra $1k because it might actually mean your life.

If anything, I'd get the 1 piece non-reclining seats since they should be more sturdy than the reclining ones.

My friend's got 2 Bridge Gias replicas in his track car but with geniune takata harness and rollcage. Maybe this could ensure better safety if you decide on getting replicas.

I used to want to get them as well, but I think now I'd rather settle with some genuine Recaros. If you look around Honda forums you might be able to find some 2nd hand Type R Recaros (Recaro SP3 i think?) for around $1k which isn't that much more than replica Brides.

Recaros from DC2R = SR3

Recaros from DC5R = SR4

You can also get Recaros from evos which are SR3s as well.

These are all ADR approved.

Don't get reps.

I have run bride reps, and yes i have had issues from the police. That aside, mine are of good quality and over the 2+ years i have owned and used them I have never had a problem as far as tears or structural issues of the seat.

• 4 weeks later...

i know you can get yellowed for having a sports seat that hasnt been verified by " authorised car engineer".

I bought a legit bride and rail comes with it to fit the zze122 corolla. when the engineer checked it out for mine, he can find the ADR ( australian design rules) number etc. and it checked out fine. but i hope the replicas dont give too much trouble...