ECU Wiring

vvti16v

Help, anyone can tell me which wire from the ECU is the tacho wire?

Goto the apexi website and download the installation guide to the RSM, it will have a pin out for our ecus. then u just need to hook ur shift light in where the RSM tacho input is supposed to splice in

This is reminding me of a topic that I cant seem to turn up in a search.

Who is it here that has the dual stage shift light?

It was described as a shift light unit which houses more than one light in its barrel.

One is set at 6000rpm to light up when under high lift and another set to go off at the redline or desired shift point.

Very interested to hear from this user as i'm wanting to utilise the same setup.

(Also: does splicing the loom affect warranty? i'm assuming so).

Edited by mick0082

The shadow has a multi stage setup, using 5 shift lights (LEDS, all individually wired)... he's refering to a duel stage light such as the pivot which lights up one colour at the 1st trip point and then another colour at the 2nd...

The shadow has a multi stage setup, using 5 shift lights (LEDS, all individually wired)... he's refering to a duel stage light such as the pivot which lights up one colour at the 1st trip point and then another colour at the 2nd...

6 actually :D

3 blue and 3 red

yeah i have one for sale however all i originally wanted was the diagram that northy has just posted.

so im thinking maybe of keeping it and finally setting it up.

see what happens if i get the right price offered i still might just cut my losses and sell it.

and then i should get a monster tacho with shiftlight lol :D

J/k :D

craig and myself had some drama last night trying to fit a "gizzmo" dual stage shift light with recall function to my car.. we will give it another go but at the moment things just dont seem to be working like they should..

a/f ratio gauge didn't work and now this.. having a run of bad luck.. :angry:

craig and myself had some drama last night trying to fit a "gizzmo" dual stage shift light with recall function to my car.. we will give it another go but at the moment things just dont seem to be working like they should..

a/f ratio gauge didn't work and now this.. having a run of bad luck..  :angry:

ah crap, i hate it when that happens.

This is reminding me of a topic that I cant seem to turn up in a search.

Who is it here that has the dual stage shift light?

It was described as a shift light unit which houses more than one light in its barrel.

One is set at 6000rpm to light up when under high lift and another set to go off at the redline or desired shift point.

Very interested to hear from this user as i'm wanting to utilise the same setup.

(Also: does splicing the loom affect warranty? i'm assuming so).

That would be ME!!!!!

a/f ratio gauge didn't work and now this.. having a run of bad luck..  :angry:

oh well things have gone from bad to worse,, just picked up a 135$$ fine for failing to stop.. hurrray for me... bastards

this is for the 1zz and 2zz

Hi guys, should I disconnect the ECU before connecting the wires? Also I was moving around the wires to count the pins on the ECU and when I start the car the idle just drops to the bottom and stalls. Had to start the car twic to get it running, I tested it again and it did the same thing, is this normal? Thanks

this is for the 1zz and 2zz

Hi guys, should I disconnect the ECU before connecting the wires? Also I was moving around the wires to count the pins on the ECU and when I start the car the idle just drops to the bottom and stalls. Had to start the car twic to get it running, I tested it again and it did the same thing, is this normal? Thanks

Disconnect the battery (-) before playing with the ecu!!!

VERY IMPORTANT! as for your idle problem... hmmm... perhaps when after u reinstalled the shift light, the ecu ould have reset.

• 3 months later...

Hmm, whats an RSM? I've been trying to look for a pinout diagram with descriptions for the 1ZZFE with no joy so far. Actually at the moment I am specifically interested in what the 24th pin on the 31 pin loom does. Could anyone help me out here ..... please? :huh:

Ok let me edit myself. Firstly I've figured out that RSM stands for Rev/speed meter (very proud of myself too :P ) secondly I found the install guide on the Apexi site. Thirdly, it does not help me at all in my quest to figure out what the 24th pin on the 31P connection does.

I've got a Corolla and a Motec ECU to play with, a predecessor left a wiring diagram behind which seems to conflict itself by saying that pin 24 is either the +12V power supply to the injectors or something called 0CV+ Cam timing control. I am most confused by this.

I would greatly appreciate it if some kind soul could enlighten me.

Edited by xolstis