Alonso's Aurion

Alonso

Hey everyone,

been a member for quite some time now, however I've JUST decided to start moding my 2008 aurion prodigy after 2 years ://

Anyways.........
lets start with my wheels (arrived from U.S and fitted last week)

Be great to see some opinions on them and upcoming mods :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rim Specs Tire Specs

Front: 20" x 9" ...... 35+ offset Front: Falken FK452.......... 245/30/20..... 90Y
Rear: 20" x 10"...... 40+ offset Rear: Falken FK452. ........255/30/20...... 92Y
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

obInDBz.jpg

bQliWN0.jpg

KcuUAq0.jpg

utVQNWH.jpg

sRTyNZM.jpg

DDLqpS4.jpg

hQjhzvL.jpg

They look pretty amazing! but kinda weird with the car so high ... your ganna have to talk with Vic about camber... if you wanna get rid of the 4wd look.

Plans for guards? They do some pretty sick custom guard work in asia/korea.

HSD coilovers should arrive sometime next week, definitely will need to roll and flare rear guards -.-......... but ill get it as low as possible and source guard work from a mate :) :)

ooooo they look real smiCK mate

well done and all the best if yu doppin her

cheers cam :)

ps did the wheel n tyre package cost a lot and were both sauced from the us ?

i'd say average..... i had vossen cv7 wheels in mind but these were slightly cheaper and looked the part :)

rims from usa
tires were too dear locally, especially for falkens!!!!
so got all four for $1030.00 @ozzywheels australia........ instead of like $1,600 locally LOL (everything is a rip off in perth -.-)

Off looks wicked, do you scrub at all on the rears?

20x10 40+ , offset is pretty high

yes, had some trouble fitting them on actually!
used a 12mm spacer and longer studs!!!!

took it for a super aggressive ride, no rubbing at all!!!!
even on speed bumps,
atm my entire suspension is stock, so ill keep you informed as i lower it in the following weeks

Thanks for all the feed back guys :P
ill keep youse all up to date !!

ps. falken tires are the way to go, especially for low profile, air ride technology makes it so quiet to drive on the hwy :))

Mate the wheels and tyres just look all wrong only my opinion

I agree...might look better once its dumped but i'm pretty sure she will scrub with 20's and that width on the rear,i'm running 19x9 245 allround with camber & castor kits and coilovers and I can't get it any lower than it is without scrubbing ...good luck mate,look forward to seeing the finish product.

p.s no malice intended just my opinion,also the 255 or 265 on the rear is interesting as I've been thinking of upping to this next tyre change.

All i can say is WOW! , i was in the market for a new Kluger within the next 6/8 weeks , but after seeing your car im now having 2nd thoughts on what to buy :)

• Like 1

Mate the wheels and tyres just look all wrong only my opinion

I agree...might look better once its dumped but i'm pretty sure she will scrub with 20's and that width on the rear,i'm running 19x9 245 allround with camber & castor kits and coilovers and I can't get it any lower than it is without scrubbing ...good luck mate,look forward to seeing the finish product.

p.s no malice intended just my opinion,also the 255 or 265 on the rear is interesting as I've been thinking of upping to this next tyre change.

no i definitely agree, i know im going to need to camber the rears along with guard work...... but hey nothing good comes easy...

Its all about dat PHAT STANCE ;)

Edited by Alonso
  • Like 1

Lee's Right, I'm @ 9.5's all round with 9" tyres. with 2-3mm clearance off the shocks. I had to do a fair bit of work rolling and some pumping the rears with a fair bit of grinding and cutting and recently a full respray to the rear end to clean the rear wheel arches etc. This got me a car with still some scrubbing with 5 ppl.

Lee's Right, I'm @ 9.5's all round with 9" tyres. with 2-3mm clearance off the shocks. I had to do a fair bit of work rolling and some pumping the rears with a fair bit of grinding and cutting and recently a full respray to the rear end to clean the rear wheel arches etc. This got me a car with still some scrubbing with 5 ppl.

o.O

Since when did you swap to 9.5 all round? :lol: Good to know.

o.O

Since when did you swap to 9.5 all round? :lol: Good to know.

Where you been hiding mate, mine were always 9.5's re-drilled commodore rims. Tell your bro to come to one of our meets man.

I miss not seeing the best looking Aurion in aus :D

Hey Alonso the car looks awesome.

I was looking at putting a set of 19's on my 2011 Sportivo but have been told not to do it. What I was told is that the inside edge of the rear tyres wears real quick (within 6000k) because they cannot get a decent camber adjustment on the rear. How are your tyres going so far and can anybody tell me........

A) if what I was told is true and

B) where can I get a hold of some camber adjuster kits

@ happ-chap...... ive only recently installed my new wheels (10 inch rear), however there is noticeable camber on rear wheels (without any camber adjustment) and i do expect more wear on the rears.

On another note, i have just installed straight pipes
SOUNDS AMAZING
will post pics + vid shortly

The stock suspension allows slight camber, however you will need camber bolts for more adjustment.

How much did the straight cost you..?

$374.00

very happy with the result and price :)

Camber wear could probably be moderately fixed with a decent wheel alignment.

I run 19's all round and havnt noticed any uneven wear, and had an alignment done after the wheels were put on the car. Tracked alot better after that.

Edited by VIPZR6
  • Like 1