Hi to all

Hi to everyone that reads this.

I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for info on performance chips. (O2 resistors). I've just replaced my 2000 Avalon with a 2012 demo Aurion ATX. Awfully nice upgrade.

I must say another thanks to Mandurah Toyota Team for making my near new purchase a memorable one.

Looking forward to interacting on this forum.

Rod

Hi Lucinda

A few yrs ago I had a lpg powered Falcon EL Ghia with a Tickford motor and lowered it. Nice drive but totally unreliable. FORD = Fix or Repair Daily.

The ATX reminds me of that Falcon but it is just refined compared to it. 200kw is there when you put the foot into it. The suspension is firm and it holds the road well.

For a base model it comes with blue tooth, usb port that takes a flash drive or is set up for Ipod's (not that I have one) Can play all my mp3 and wma music. Reverse camera. Steering wheel has what looks like a playstation joypad for remote phone and music control and a few other functions that I am yet to work out. Dual climate zones. All electric windows.

Cos I bought a demo I also got tinted windows, floor and boot mats and the K's were a bit higher than first advertised so I had my wish of a towbar filled.

Working on dressing it up a little now.

How does the TRD compare to standard? Is that one yours in the pic?

Rod

Yeh thats my TRD in the pic. Ive had it for just over a month now and love it.

Over easter I did a trip from Perth to Geraldton (4 1/2 hrs) and it was great - almost like driving from your lounge chair with a nice lil' supercharger just waiting to pounce when needed.

Ive never actually owned a ford but i like your analogy (my brothers would kill me for saying so)

The fruit on your ATX sounds really good. Mine is almost as good, bluetooth, sat nav, climate control etc but I need to figure out how to connect my ipod. There is no auxillary or usb input which is really frustrating and suprising considering its a 2007 model car.

I might have to contact Toyota and see if they have any options for me... fingers crossed.

So what will you do to your ATX?

Im already thinking of an exhaust and rims for mine :)

Hi Lucinda,

Having a look at some pics of your TRD model, you have a similar dashboard to the newer models. The usb port in my car is located in the little compartment just in front of the centre arm-rest. I've got a cig lighter style accessory power point and there is the usb port located in here as well. This is also the Ipod connection point. Otherwise, your idea of asking Toyota would be the best approach.

I've already fitted the headlight and tinted bonnet protector as well as getting seat covers front and rear. Sheepskin for the front and genuine Toyota ones for the rear. Dash mat too. I've got on order an aftermarket boot wing and door strip protectors. All colour matched. That will do for a while. I'm also trying to find a performance chip for the O2 sensor. I had one on my Avalon. It helped improve fuel economy to help city fuel consumption gain to nearly highway fuel consumption. I might have to wait as I have been told from Toyota that this would void warranties on the car's computer system. Ebay has many different versions of this. As for other things, if its not broken then no need to fix it is my philosophy.

Motorcycles are my main passion. I have a Suzuki GSX 1400 that I've recently started making improvements to change timing and also have a PowerCommander on it to deliver the fuel more efficiently.

The supercharger sounds like it would be fun. I've had in the past a turbo bike and that was a fun ride. :ph34r: :D