Anyone been defected for being having less than 100mm ground clearance?

• 2 months later...

Guys!
Digging up my old thread.
I have since purchased a Sportivo. After some coilovers and wheels I'm aiming for this look.

529378_3454974019758_770448397_n.jpg

I think it's surprising how a Corolla can look, putting aside the compromises.
Who's liking/who's hating

i be likin cops be hatin

Don't think he ever got dicked when I asked...and he lives in Melbourne's West as well =S. Must have got real lucky.

Yeh, west is okay, the only times ive been defected is when i go city <_<

Points at face* HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

only time I've been pulled over is "flying around corners and had to do 80 to catch up" :D

My cars not stupid low to attract attention. They too buzzzz looking at the gold pearl Kekekekekekekke

city?!
gawddamnit, i drive to uni in the city half the days of the week *cries
over here in the east, coppers seem pretty chill =)
I think if they hold a random car check I'd probably get defected too lol

Mine is definitely under 100mm and I've been fine so far (touch wood). I think its because its white and running on stockies it hasn't attracted as much attention.

My cousin on the other hand who drives a black Stivo got done a few times but he has like 18" black rims and lives further out west.

Im on BC coil overs, be prepared to scrape. Sydney roads are horrible..

I have stock wheels as well, outside look completely stock, and I am under 100mm..

I have been pull over a few times for other reasons, they never notice.

It is always the wheel that draws attention, unfortunately. If you want to change wheels, try toyota factory wheels, at least it look stock..

Don't do tinted lights or other stuff that will draw their attention

Edited by ben yip

city?!

gawddamnit, i drive to uni in the city half the days of the week *cries

over here in the east, coppers seem pretty chill =)

I think if they hold a random car check I'd probably get defected too lol

unless you meet pettettttttttttttttttttttt you are fudged lol

Mine is definitely under 100mm and I've been fine so far (touch wood). I think its because its white and running on stockies it hasn't attracted as much attention.

My cousin on the other hand who drives a black Stivo got done a few times but he has like 18" black rims and lives further out west.

Im on BC coil overs, be prepared to scrape. Sydney roads are horrible..

I have stock wheels as well, outside look completely stock, and I am under 100mm..

I have been pull over a few times for other reasons, they never notice.

It is always the wheel that draws attention, unfortunately. If you want to change wheels, try toyota factory wheels, at least it look stock..

Don't do tinted lights or other stuff that will draw their attention

There's a guy on the Sportivo FB page stanced on XXR 521s. He is almost touching the ground, but didn't think he's been defected either. Guess it's just luck lol

I was driving back from snow with my HIDs and 3000k HID fogs on and drove passed a Nissan Patrol 4WD...was surprised nothing happened lol. Might have been a different story if it was a Highway patrol

• 3 weeks later...

(Thread bump in know, but iz bored at work)

Heres what a stock ZZE Ascent looks like with King Super lows in it:

Stock height/stock rims.

IMG00038-20100514-1154.jpg

And after installing King Superlows:

IMG00041-20100517-1440.jpg

IMG00042-20100517-1440.jpg

And driveway shot, 'coz reasons.

IMG00057-20100518-0808.jpg

^ haha nice man! My friend was interested in putting super lows in his Levin. Guess I'll link him straigh to this page ;)

Have since installed BC coils =)
Riding about 12cm off the ground measured from the side skirt I think?

I knew the mid section of the exhaust hangs a little lower so I'm very close to, if not already, defect-worthy.

Still scrub a little when taking turns a little quicker. Will be switching to 205/50 tyres at next tyre change, and thinking about getting stiffer springs as well.

Here's some pics

IMG_20130911_121756resize_zpsd09b8051.jp

IMG_20130901_102731resize_zpsdbda995c.jp

IMG_20130907_163257resize_zpsde44ff9a.jp

Yeah haven't gotten around to it yet, it's on my list of to-dos though!

Think i might be tempted to go another cm lower on the front. Car looks kinda awkward sometimes.

Inb4defects

^ haha nice man! My friend was interested in putting super lows in his Levin. Guess I'll link him straigh to this page ;)

Have since installed BC coils =)

Riding about 12cm off the ground measured from the side skirt I think?

I knew the mid section of the exhaust hangs a little lower so I'm very close to, if not already, defect-worthy.

Still scrub a little when taking turns a little quicker. Will be switching to 205/50 tyres at next tyre change, and thinking about getting stiffer springs as well.

Thanks :) I miss that car!!!!! It had a nice Rockford system in it :D

Mind you, my AE92 isn't quiet as low as the ZZE but still scrapes to all buggery on the roof at Parra Westfields :(

Your S'tivo looks good that height (Y) Hows the BC's?

BCs are very nice!
Been driving on them for about 2 weeks now. Both front and rear on 20/30 clicks stiff. Not too bouncy in my opinion.

I bought these 2nd hand so not too sure what the spring rates are, but I'd definitely like to get some stiffer ones.

I don't scrape 99% of the places I go so would like to keep it this low while stopping it from scrubbing when i go over road bumps with a little speed.

• 4 months later...

BCs are very nice!

Been driving on them for about 2 weeks now. Both front and rear on 20/30 clicks stiff. Not too bouncy in my opinion.

I bought these 2nd hand so not too sure what the spring rates are, but I'd definitely like to get some stiffer ones.

I don't scrape 99% of the places I go so would like to keep it this low while stopping it from scrubbing when i go over road bumps with a little speed.

Nice ride! I've also been looking around for BC coilovers as well but don't know where I can purchase at a decent price, and which BC is best for 2005 2zz sportivos...and also the ride height that you had on your BCs, how much lower could you have gone, just curious...