Door trim on ZRE182 Corolla

hi,

my first time posting on here so please bear with me.

I have a few questions about my 2013 Corolla

1. I am about to install new speakers but can't work out how to remove the door trim.

2. Have had issues with my front window tint scratching along the top from putting window up and down. Toyota advised it was a users error. Sol-ace tint (where Toyota gets the car tinteD) advised that it is a known issue with the new Corollas due to the window seal being very tight on these new Corollas. Anyone had any issues?

3. CVT transmission seems to rev up to 2000k just before coming to a stop. Is that normal? have taken it back to Toyota and they reckon its normal but it really does feel rough and from drivng other, it seems a bit odd.

4. I have a click noise from the right front wheel every time I go over a bump but once again Toyota can't fault it.

Can anyone helps with any of these questions? Especially rmoving the door trims to get to the speakers?

Thanks guys and gals.

i Have the same issue with

4. I have a click noise from the right front wheel every time I go over a bump

I'm due to bring the car tomorrow to toyota for the complimentary check, i'll see how it goes...

Did they find the problem?

As expected, No, they can't find the problem but they mentioned it could be the brake caliper and said it's normal :g:

Had test drive with the mechanic but there is no place we could simulate the problem like in my place where the driveway is elevated from the road level, the driveway in Paramatta are not the same as we have in my place....

But they did put the car in the hoist to check the under chassis for anything lose but said they cannot find anything....

I had my car tinted and I noticed a mark on the silver strip/panel that covers the door grab that you hold to close the door. It was marked at the bottom so I think the starting point to remove the door trim is to pry off that silver strip/panel, as what my tinting guy did... just don't damage yours in the process because it's very easy to mark. I could be wrong though, I don't do much DIY like taking off door trims etc...

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2. Have had issues with my front window tint scratching along the top from putting window up and down. Toyota advised it was a users error. Sol-ace tint (where Toyota gets the car tinteD) advised that it is a known issue with the new Corollas due to the window seal being very tight on these new Corollas. Anyone had any issues?

I havent got scratching, but i have bubbles, which I am furious about. I am getting this fixed qat 1000K. Also scratches to plastic in interior whilst fitting tint. Not happy. I`ll keep an eye out of marks/scratches on the tint.

3. CVT transmission seems to rev up to 2000k just before coming to a stop. Is that normal? have taken it back to Toyota and they reckon its normal but it really does feel rough and from drivng other, it seems a bit odd.

I think this is normal. When your braking, the CVT increases the engine rpm by increasing the gear ratio, its attempting to use the engine brake to assist you. Once you get down to about 15Km/h it does just drop off suddenly, which I believe is the way Toyota have programmed this, but its not overly smooth.

4. I have a click noise from the right front wheel every time I go over a bump but once again Toyota can't fault it.

I havent got this, but how hard are you hitting the bumps? my Yaris has a 'clunk' over speed bumps, but i have to be going quite swiftly over them. I did kind of get this noise in the Corolla as well, but again, over a speed bump at a swift speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I purchased a new ZRE182 around the same time as you. No tyre/engine rev issues though.

However I have had lots of rattle/squeak/vibration noises around the dashboard area. From what I can tell it might be becoming a bit of known issue now.

Have you noticed anything in your car? My information here: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/42347-rattle-squeak-in-dash-board-2013-corolla-ascent-sport/

Cheers,

Jason

• 5 months later...

i have same issues and have been to toyota quite afew times,

all these issues i know about and have with mine.

cvt was a waste money, got so many issues with it,

the clicking noise i have really bad on left front side - service manager is saying its thee pads jumping around. even there compound they put on them didnt work.

everyone needs to get together on this and get toyota to recall them asap, especially the cvt - its gonna get ppl killed