Lumbar support in drivers seat over-extended

The electric lumbar support motor in the drivers seat seems to have wound it out to a fully forward position and will not retract. :angry:

When hitting the button to extend it further forward, it makes the typical noise and clunk of an outer thread unwinding and pushing against the very start of the inner thread where it 'hops down' after reaching the very tip of it. Attempting to wind it the other way (to pull it back in) results in maybe half a turn before it locks up, often accompanied by the overload tripping, meaning I'll be unable to use the motor for ~10 seconds. :blink: I've tried several times to get it to catch by just back and forward, but it never does. I've tried to be careful of them, but now believe that either the inner or outer threads - or both - could have been damaged and are now bent or stripped too fine to smoothly catch on again.

Has anyone had this and been able to get the thread to catch again, or does anyone have experience in accessing the internals of the seat back and provide any information on how I could manually get in there to do it by hand?

• 1 year later...

• 4 years later...