Fuel Consumption

The Goose would get consistent 7-8L/100 (Coilover, CAI, Rims - Silica infact :toast: )

The Rex consistent 9-10L/100 (Stock as rock) or 28L/100 on track :toast:

Now the STarlet, frikkin' better top the GOose's record. On the first tank now *fingers crossed*. (Stock as rock. 13 STEEL rims >_< OMG so heavy)

Toyota world. I just can't get ride of 'that feeling' :rolleyes:

Just got my '07 Corolla Levin ZR on Friday and I'm very happy with it!

When I got it from the dealership it read 10.3L/100km but then again it only had 1/4 a tank in it from there and only had done 15km heh.

Now when I finished driving today I checked it and it said 9.2L/100km and Avg speed of 57km/h.

This is on BP Standard though.

Also is it just because the car is brand new or every time it drops below 3,000rpm it just feels like theres nothing there until it rises back over? It's not quite a flatspot, but it definately feels almost like one.

Mind you this is an auto too. :P

Above 3000 rpm the car does feel more lively.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my 2004 Corolla Sportivo for about a week and a half. After the first week I found I had chewed through almost 120L of fuel (BP Ultimate) and pulled just over 800km which means I've been chewing up 15L/100km. I figure it's because I usually downshift pretty early while braking and have been hitting lift all the time once the thermostat says it's up to normal operating temp.

This week I've been driving a bit more sanely and I've currently pulled just under 200km and have used a touch over a quarter of a tank which should result in about 600-700km out of this tank and a much better result of about 8.5-10L/100km.

The below data is what i have recorded so far in my 2007 Corolla SX hatch

All figures are based on the same road and distance travelled (Sydney to Newcastle freeway 131km's), with the average fuel per 100km's meter cleared at the start of each run.

United PULP 95 7.2/100

Shell unleaded 91 7.1/100

Vortex 98 6.5/100

Would still like to try Shell V-power racing 100, but this is only sold at very few stations.

I have a fitch fuel catalyst which i intend on installing in the next few months. I recently lent this to a friend (ford falcon ute) who claimed he acheived an extra 100km's on his return trip to Queensland. So i will advise you of the outcome of this once it is installed. At that stage i will also be running the car on Amsoil Synthetic oil. :rolleyes:

I have a 1999 7AFE AE102 Seca. My average over the last 50000km is 8.5L/100k. Worst is 11.87L/100k, best is 6.5L/100k.

Your best is pretty decent for a 102, but how the hell did you get 11.87? Even when I flog mine I can't get worse than 10

I have a 1999 7AFE AE102 Seca. My average over the last 50000km is 8.5L/100k. Worst is 11.87L/100k, best is 6.5L/100k.

Your best is pretty decent for a 102, but how the hell did you get 11.87? Even when I flog mine I can't get worse than 10

Those best and worst are probably slightly biased, just had a better look and they are both on smaller than normal amounts of fuel. So best probably more like 6.75 and worst 11.5.

Lots of short trips with engine cooling down inbetween is the key to bad fuel consumption, add some hills in on those trips and it becomes really bad!

What sort or numbers do you get Hiro Protagonistt?

Edited by engine_ere

Only had my 02 Levin about two weeks and on my second tank... from 43 litres Ive first got 500 klm, which I work out to 8 litres per 100 Klm (any one car to adjust that for me)... that was on Vortex98 (I get staff discounts).

currently have tank of normal vortex (pulp-96oct), so will see how that goes , I also just changed the oil, oil filter, and plugs, so lets see how the lower octane but fresher oild and bits make any difference. Think Im driving less granny-ish this week to now Im used to the car a bit more. :spiteful:

considering my last car (93 RVR -n/a 4G63, 4wd) was returnign about 10L per 100klms at best Im pretty pleased (insurance is now 40% of the RVR for premium and excess YAY).

What sort or numbers do you get Hiro Protagonistt?

I normally run mid 8s around town, and thats a lot of 10km trips to and from uni, plus booting it fairly often. Best I've ever got was low 6s on the Twincam Bathurst cruise two years ago, which surprised me because it involved more than it's fair share of high-speed driving (the run from Lithgow to Bathurst at 150km/h, and lots of fanging around the track in particular)

average is usually between 580 n 620, i have a heavy foot too, but only use Premium 98ron, why does everyone uses this dodgy ethanol mix you get less k's, if u want economy use either standard unleaded 95ron or premium 98ron it makes a world of difference, when i 1st got my lil girl i did fuel tests to see what was better!

highway runs between Brisbane and the gold coast so i get even results i did this at night so i didn't cop traffic jams!

plus i spent the whole week running on the fuel i was going to use that week end so there would be a minimal amount of different fuel mixed together

the results are this:

week 1 ethanol 91ron about 580k's not too bad :nono:

week 2 unleaded (no ethanol) 95ron about 650k's getting better :g:

week 3 PREMIUM 98ron 730k's BOOYAH :yahoo:

i ran it from full tank to near empty but they are what my figures stand plus on the premium i decided to give her a fair bit on the way back, cause i had driven it like my grandad would on the other times and a dunnydore had to put the hammer down considering he was doing 90km'h in the the far overtaking lane. and i blew past him, :spiteful: i guess he didn't like the fact that a rolla over took him in a supposed non overtaking lane! and my lil girl is totally stock 02 rolla ascent sedan

Yeah I recently got my average down to 7.5L/100k, manly because I went to Brisbane and back and now use 98 Octane fuel instead of 91 with 10% Ethnol......Big Difference eh!

Edited by The Hammer

average is usually between 580 n 620, i have a heavy foot too, but only use Premium 98ron, why does everyone uses this dodgy ethanol mix you get less k's, if u want economy use either standard unleaded 95ron or premium 98ron it makes a world of difference, when i 1st got my lil girl i did fuel tests to see what was better!

highway runs between Brisbane and the gold coast so i get even results i did this at night so i didn't cop traffic jams!

plus i spent the whole week running on the fuel i was going to use that week end so there would be a minimal amount of different fuel mixed together

the results are this:

week 1 ethanol 91ron about 580k's not too bad :nono:

week 2 unleaded (no ethanol) 95ron about 650k's getting better :g:

week 3 PREMIUM 98ron 730k's BOOYAH :yahoo:

i ran it from full tank to near empty but they are what my figures stand plus on the premium i decided to give her a fair bit on the way back, cause i had driven it like my grandad would on the other times and a dunnydore had to put the hammer down considering he was doing 90km'h in the the far overtaking lane. and i blew past him, :spiteful: i guess he didn't like the fact that a rolla over took him in a supposed non overtaking lane! and my lil girl is totally stock 02 rolla ascent sedan

Yes you do get less kms with E10, but if your car is tuned you will benefit. I now run my car with Shell V-Power Racing, it is quite expensive at $1.55 litre, but my car runs sweet with it. My car is tuned with a UNICHIP for 98 octane, but I have found the fuel quality varies from station to station. Somedays my car performed crap and other days it was fine. Since using 100ron, I have not experienced the problem. The 2 extra ron is a safety margin.

• 4 months later...

Car: Rolla Levin ZR 07 6sp Manual (about 4000km on the ODO)

Caltex 98 Vortex (or whatever it is)

Average Fuel Consumption p/100 km

price of fuel $1.4900

price paid $55.00

litres 36.91275168

kilometres trav. 550

average p/100km 6.711409396

50/50 on hwy and high density roads. Low to Medium rpm range usage, revmatching downshifts when coasting (when necessary), 70% of the time AIRCON is on.

• 1 month later...

My new corolla serving me since beginning of the year runs 7.8L/100km mixed driving.

read straight from the electronic meter. and the meter never gets reseted since i bought the car.

so i'd say corolla engine has improved? :P

My fuel guage is touching the last stick and its reading 523KM for almost 60L as its not empty yet. Almost there I think.... filling up later. Running on Shell V-Power for the whole tank.....

Works to about 11.5L / 100KM. I got to stop LIFTING ..............

What's the best fuel to put for the Corolla Sportivos? BP ?

Hehe I had one of the guys at work ask me to blank the trip meter when I put in a new tank of fuel, as he's looking at getting a ZZE122 for the fuel saving (He's got and old v6 ute). I filled her up on CaltexVortex, and 650km later the fuel light came on. He was surprised to say the least, with me admitting openly I don't granny drive. I'll forever be curious as to how much I could get if I took it right to empty, and drove conservatively..... forever, because I'll never do it :whistling:

No engine mods as of yet coz I've been lazy on my 04 Sportivo. But over the past 4 years average is like 8.5L/100km. Soon to do engine mods and we'll see how it goes hehe

how much impact does aircon have on fuel consumption and power atw? I have my aircon on ALL the time, except when I roll down the windows for a smoke.

I believe that having the air con all the time does affect the fuel consumption and being such a small engine it limits responsiveness and power, I'm just speaking from experience

I've read that it can affect fuel economy by up to 20 or 30%.

Actually, come to think of it, it was in that Top Gear episode where Jeremy wanted to drive to Scotland and back on one tank in some V8 Twin Turbo Diesel. He said he was getting 40mpg without aircon, and 32 with it.

So thats... 20%