Fuel Consumption

Gday all

fuel usage in both my landcruisers is very good for their size and weight

landcruiser 1 is a gxl 100 series 4.2 turbo intercooled diesel averages 11.5 liters per 100k's

landcruiser 2 a 04/2009 200 series sahara twin turbo intercooled V8 diesel averaging so far with 2000k on clock 10.8 liters to the 100k :) extreemly impressed indeed

Just filled up tonight and got awesome results. 518.4 km 40L used meaning 7.71 L/100k!

haha I got 570 from 45L. Just filled up today too B)

Fuel economy FTW!!

Just filled up tonight and got awesome results. 518.4 km 40L used meaning 7.71 L/100k!

haha I got 570 from 45L. Just filled up today too B)

Fuel economy FTW!!

Forgot to add that this was the fuel i used driving from the snow back to sydney. about 6 hours driving. Normal city driving I get about 9.5l/100k

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Never thought I would say this about a Toyota, but am totally shocked by the fuel consumption of the ZRE sedan.

The last 2 fuel tanks returned a shocking 14.5LT/100kms and that is only suburban driving with no hard acceleration at all. I thought the Nissan Tiida we had previously was bad coming at 11.5LT/100kms for a 1.8 litre engine, but this is just un-heard of for a Toyota which is usually known for its good fuel economy.

I mean, even my 2.5LT 4WD X-Trail consumes about 10.5LT/100kms and it weighs probably twice as heavy as the Corolla, so what's the story?

I filled-up yesterday and the gauge is telling me that on a full tank I would only manage to get 375kms :angry:

P.S. I had a 97 Camry previously and I could do around 750kms on a tank of fuel highway runs.

On the Bathurst cruise yesterday, from the twin servos on the F3 to Bathurst and then back to the BP at Kurmond was 400km, and with plenty of hard and spirited driving along Bells Line and a bit of a fang at the Mountain, total fuel consumed was 26L = 6.5L/100km :-) Somehow fuel consumption on open-road blasts is better than cruising along the freeway at 110....

$60 to fill up 98, 42ish litres or so usually lasts me 500-600kms depending how I drive. So that's about 7.9-9L per 100kms. The onboard fuel calculator states I have an average of 8L/100kms since I have bought the car.

I don't think the zre hatch or sedan will be much different if not at all. Maybe I suggest resetting the car's ECU? The previous owner of your car might have had a heavy lead foot and your ECU might have came accustomed to that..

$60 to fill up 98, 42ish litres or so usually lasts me 500-600kms depending how I drive. So that's about 7.9-9L per 100kms. The onboard fuel calculator states I have an average of 8L/100kms since I have bought the car.

I don't think the zre hatch or sedan will be much different if not at all. Maybe I suggest resetting the car's ECU? The previous owner of your car might have had a heavy lead foot and your ECU might have came accustomed to that..

That is more like and what I would expect from the 1.8LT ZRE for sure. I will try and re-set the ECU and see what happens.

I should have mentioned it at the last service but completely forgot.

The car is not being driven hard at all and is only doing school runs at the moment.

You can just drive it for another few weeks, see if the fuel consumption goes down as it gets used to your driving style.

If you re-set the ECU, might get sh*tty fuel consumption for the first hundred kilometres but you'll be laughing after that. :)

lol

i fill up with vpower

my average is about 7.8L/100km

and i get about 620km on my tank b4 i chicken out and fill my tank :) thats with abit of both highway and street driving and also abit of thrashing LOL

Edited by Ray89

• 2 weeks later...
The last fuel tank lasted me for 420kms and the fuel consumption dropped to 10LT/100kms which is an improvement, so maybe the ECU is still adjusting to my driving style ;)

That's good to hear mate, you'll be laughing soon! Hehe :)

I get about 7.2L-7.3L/100KM on average, so that's about 580KM per 42L tank.

Wow! Is this your rolla or yaris??

Lowest I have got is 7.5L/100kms, and that was because I was driving to Phillip Island! Get an average of 8-8.5L/100km because I drive in peak traffic everyday.. :(

Edited by dwee.

The last fuel tank lasted me for 420kms and the fuel consumption dropped to 10LT/100kms which is an improvement, so maybe the ECU is still adjusting to my driving style ;)

i got 370 ks out of half a tank and at just under half a tank i got 420... its at 8.5LT/100kms ryt now..

• 1 year later...

I got this Android app called FuelLog which calculates the distance travelled, my fuel consumption everytime I fill up, plus a few other stuff. You should get it if you have an Android phone, I don't know the iPhone equivalent.

Anyway, it says I do about 8.5L/100km. I usually fill up at 1/4 to 1/8 tank and I get around 450-500km between fill ups.