Fuel Consumption

current setup with car + stock ECU 7.6L/100km (mixed 50/50 highway city driving) ;)

dont know how u get that figure even when my car was stock only get 590 per tank before the light comes on

do u not revving the car at all to get that figure?

I got this Android app called FuelLog which calculates the distance travelled, my fuel consumption everytime I fill up, plus a few other stuff. You should get it if you have an Android phone, I don't know the iPhone equivalent.

Anyway, it says I do about 8.5L/100km. I usually fill up at 1/4 to 1/8 tank and I get around 450-500km between fill ups.

+1

its an awesome app :]

Anyway, it says I do about 8.5L/100km. I usually fill up at 1/4 to 1/8 tank and I get around 450-500km between fill ups.

I'm pretty much the exact same as you P_T, I actually got it down to 8.4 two days ago but only if I really drive like granny for a day. That means at the lights when they go green everyone is going normally it looks like my car is about to breakdown but I'm really slowly revving it up to only 2500rpm every gear change lol. :lol:

I got this Android app called FuelLog which calculates the distance travelled, my fuel consumption everytime I fill up, plus a few other stuff. You should get it if you have an Android phone, I don't know the iPhone equivalent.

I use a similar program on iphone call "Gas Cubby" Really good app, i use the free version, has some ads but still works!

current setup with car + stock ECU 7.6L/100km (mixed 50/50 highway city driving) ;)

dont know how u get that figure even when my car was stock only get 590 per tank before the light comes on

do u not revving the car at all to get that figure?

hehe... Ggg.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys ive only had my stivo for 3 weeks and i filled up twice o far, and the 1st tank i got 700kms

the tank im currently on ive done 280kms and have got 3/4 of a tank left,

• 2 weeks later...

Our ZRE152 has averaged 7.8L/100 over the last 10,000km, by the display. 40% Highway, rest around the town. Mostly e10 fuel, with the random tank of 98 to help keep the injectors clean.

QldKev

Our ZRE152 has averaged 7.8L/100 over the last 10,000km, by the display. 40% Highway, rest around the town. Mostly e10 fuel, with the random tank of 98 to help keep the injectors clean.

QldKev

depends how you drive, I got a ZRE152 and I am using 6.5L/100 for day to day work, average speed is 60-80km/h, I drive at sixth gear starting at 50km/h, also with some traffic jam.. Highway just increase my fuel consumption especially with speed more than 100km/h

My fuel consumption just gets lower and lower since I bought the car, have been using Caltex 98 and royal purple engine oil.. I think the engine oil is forming a thicker protective layer upon using for a long time..

1 year ago with same engine oil and driving style, the fuel consumption is 6.8/100

Edited by ben yip

QldKev

depends how you drive, I got a ZRE152 and I am using 6.5L/100 for day to day work, average speed is 60-80km/h, I drive at sixth gear starting at 50km/h, also with some traffic jam.. Highway just increase my fuel consumption especially with speed more than 100km/h

My fuel consumption just gets lower and lower since I bought the car, have been using Caltex 98 and royal purple engine oil.. I think the engine oil is forming a thicker protective layer upon using for a long time..

1 year ago with same engine oil and driving style, the fuel consumption is 6.8/100

Depends on many factors. Where you drive, terrain, weight, time of day, etc. Your car is also not stock anymore so you can't just say "depends on how you drive" eventhough that does play a big part on fuel consumption.

Plus, you can't rely on only the car's trip computer. I usually reset it between fill ups and compare it to my Android app FuelLog and the car computer is usually more optimistic than the app.

Edited by P_T

Pulled a massive 592.3km from 1 tank of Caltex 98 when I went to Sunshine Coast a few weeks ago.

I have only been using 98RON from Caltex, and fuel efficiency is better then ever :D

I think I put in around 45L to fill her up, so that's 7.6L/100km... :toast:

Evo

I've mentioned it before

BEST: 5.8ltr/100km on the freeway / long distance :toast:

AVG: 6.6ltr/100km around town :unsure:

WORST: 7.2ltr/100km new throttle installed week :ph34r:

YOUR ALL DOING IT WRONG!

.....if you want to save fuel that is :whistling:

I've mentioned it before

AVG: 6.6ltr/100km around town :unsure:

WORST: 7.2ltr/100km new throttle installed week :ph34r:

YOUR ALL DOING IT WRONG!

I have an excuse lol :P

• 3 weeks later...

I must be doing something right!!

Toyota Corolla Ascent ZRE152R 6 sp manual

I only ever fill up at one service station with Caltex Vortex 95 EVERY time regardless of cost.

Out of the 55lt tank i only ever seem to use 45-48lt and with that i'm getting 600-650km

I think that averages down to 7.2lt per 100km but for some reason the computer on the dash reckons i'm getting better than that? Dodgy fuel consumption reader?

• 9 months later...

My corolla ZRE 152R 1.8 auto hatch gives me 450 to 480 KM per tank i.e. 55 litres . Driving is Inner city driving 40 to 60 KM/hr with constant start/stop and lots of idle waiting in the traffic lights. Is this what I should expect from my Corolla or, does it need tune up? My car is currenly showing 10.6 l/100km in dash.

I only use Unleaded petrol not the very expensive like BP ultimate nor cheaper E10.

I used to drive 1.3 yaris before and used to give me around 480 KM to 530 KM full tank i.e. 42 litres.

Cheers

My corolla ZRE 152R 1.8 auto hatch gives me 450 to 480 KM per tank i.e. 55 litres . Driving is Inner city driving 40 to 60 KM/hr with constant start/stop and lots of idle waiting in the traffic lights. Is this what I should expect from my Corolla or, does it need tune up? My car is currenly showing 10.6 l/100km in dash.

I only use Unleaded petrol not the very expensive like BP ultimate nor cheaper E10.

I used to drive 1.3 yaris before and used to give me around 480 KM to 530 KM full tank i.e. 42 litres.

Cheers

thats normal for city driving. i get 500km per tank with city driving also,.

I've mentioned it before

AVG: 6.6ltr/100km around town unsure.gif

WORST: 7.2ltr/100km new throttle installed week ph34r.gif

YOUR ALL DOING IT WRONG!

Damn it Pete, the lowest I could get was 5.9L/100km.

Average: 6.8-7L/100km

Worst: 20L/100km (:lol:)