Rims and Brakes Troubles?

Alex94

Hey guys,

I recently bought some rims for my 88 celica. I got the correct stud pattern which is 4x100, but proceeded to find that my rims were hitting the brake callipers on the front and back.

Now i know spacers can be used, where can you get them cheap?.. but is there an easier way? What is the cheapest option? What should i do, please help.

Got to make sure the offset will work on your car...

Depending on how much they hit you could use a 5mm spacer plate? can get them from ebay / car shops / racing shops etc

I got 1 inch wheel spacers from ebay, for about 100
its pretty good quality however I paint them Black (i got blackrims) before i put them on to make it look like its part of the wheel

it just makes it look like I have a good offset rim.

hope that helps.

Can you see what offsett the wheels are? They should be stamped on the inside of the wheel. If it is hitting only a little, you can shave the caliper down a tad. But only if a tiny bit

I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL to make sure the big brakes im putting on wont hit too i have to test on two sets of wheels one for daily duties other for track

Some wheels don't have the same caliper clearance as others, it doesn't have much to do with the offset.

You will have to see how much it is fouling on the brakes, if it is minimal then shaving it with a file will suffice, if not, then a spacer will work.

H&R do a spacer kit for many cars, not sure if they cater for the celica specifically but they should. They are hubcentric and have extended studs to suit. This is your safest and best option otherwise, but as mentioned, it ISN'T road legal.

Thanks guys, ill have a look. I like the idea of painting them the specific rim colour, i am just worried that in the worst case of a crash my insurance will be dissmissed because you cant be covered having spacers. or something.