In Desperate Need Of Help (NO LIFT)

Just finished rebuilding the 2zz due to a spun bearing. Get back the car excited to drive it again and i get no lift and the car limits at 7000 rpm. Eventually after driving for a while i get a CEL, so i go check it out and it comes up with P1349 VVT Malfunction Bank 1. I did some research and after checking everything we decided to get 2 new Oil Control Valves. We installed them yesterday and reset the ecu. We took the car for a spin and lift engaged but it dipped right before entry. So i did it again and the same thing. By the 3rd time it was back to no lift and limit at 7000 rpm. I though maybe the code was embedded and i needed to clear the CEL. So did that and still no lift. I really dont know what else it could be. The engine was assembled according to the workshop manual and pretty much everything is new including the lift bolts, vvt timing gear and sprocket. The rocker shafts were installed to spec as well. If anyone has an idea please im open to anything. I want to sell the car but who's going to buy a 2zz with no lift.

Thanks

Scott