Thinking of selling.....

89Camry

Hi all,

Most of you might know of me, though I haven't been active in the forums for a while. Between work and a growing family, time is a luxury I just don't have these days.

With that in mind, I am seriously considering selling my beloved turbo Gen2. I've put a link to an earlier post here. http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/35424-89-camry-3sgte/

it saddens me greatly to even be thinking this, as so much time, money and energy has gone into this car. Those who know it, and me, know that this is a decision I haven't come to lightly.

I am brutally aware that I am more than likely going to get a small fraction of what I have put into it back. That doesn't bother me. i would rather the car go to someone who would appreciate it like I have.

What I'm looking for is for any information as to what kind of asking price should I be putting on it to sell? Should I be looking at (god forbid) parting it out separately? That would a be a final option and one i really don't want to make.

A short list of what has gone into the car.

Gen1 3sgte - stripped down and rebuilt in June 2008. Probably around 10,000kms on the rebuilt engine.

New hi output alternator

850cc injectors.

E153 V6 camry manual gearbox.

rebuilt and hiflowed ct26 turbo - November 2011. Engine doing 197 kws at the front wheels on the dyno at 16 psi.

Aluminium AEM radiator.

Stinger EMS

HKS Electronic dual stage boost controller

Full leather interior.

Rear wheel disc brake conversion with Gold RDA rotors.

GT4 single piston front discs and calipers

Custom coilovers

Honestly, I think I've forgotten more about what I've put into the car than I can remember.

Thanks for all your help guys. and if anyone knows anyone who is interested, please let me know.

Cheers

Greg

Edited by 89Camry
  • Like 1

Wow, did not see this coming! Realistically I couldn't see it selling for much more than about $5000, however, you may get lucky. You would most likely get more for a part out but that is a lot of time and effort and not a big market.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

MATTTTEEE dont sell yet. Ive just found this forum. Let set up a cruise or something next weekend. Take all the turbo camrys out!@

• 3 weeks later...