Looking at Camry/Aurion specific head units

nzzr6

Drew, I've got a few questions for you if that's ok?

• After having this unit in your car for a while, how's it holding up?
  • How's the transition between menus, and then jumping into the GPS maps?
  • What's the quality of the maps, is it a smooth operation, or does it jump, lag and take its time to do anything?
  • How's the browsing of iDevices for music? Is the browsing of playlists and general music fluid?
  • Is the Bluetooth (for phone calls) pretty good quality, or is it scratchy and hard to connect?
  • This is a bit of a stretch, but do you know if it has any problems connecting to the iPhone 5?

As you can tell, I'm after something that doesn't stutter, lock up or let me down, like my current unit.

If this thing is as good as it looks, then it might be in the running for a new replacement!

Edited by Nargath

Tell you what you get three questions.

Which ones will they be?????

Hah, that's fair enough!

Why don't we condense it down to:

• How does the system perform overall? Is it smooth all over, or does it have its rough spots?
  • How's the Bluetooth quality?
  • Browsing and playing of iDevices any good? Or badly organised and hard to look through?

If I can grab this one cheap and you give it the seal of approval, it might be a Father's Day present to myself!

Haha only joking man.

Look ill give you my whatever month update

All DVD CD USB SD components work and work well. ( my suggestion is to get a USB extentions for your glove box off the back.

I had to get a replacement IPOD cord, took like a day and a half thanks to me hook up.

Okay so far these I know work

iPod classic, nano iPhone 1, 2, 3, 4. But not s

No ipad has worked. But to tell u the truth brother the best quality I have go sound from was the SD card.

NAV is a bit clunky and slow but it works!! Better than cheap after market window sucking **** boxes for sure!!!

Haha only joking man.

Look ill give you my whatever month update

All DVD CD USB SD components work and work well. ( my suggestion is to get a USB extentions for your glove box off the back.

I had to get a replacement IPOD cord, took like a day and a half thanks to me hook up.

Okay so far these I know work

iPod classic, nano iPhone 1, 2, 3, 4. But not s

No ipad has worked. But to tell u the truth brother the best quality I have go sound from was the SD card.

NAV is a bit clunky and slow but it works!! Better than cheap after market window sucking **** boxes for sure!!!

Awesome, thanks mate!

Sounds the goods. A little worrying that you found the NAV a little underwhelming, but also sounds like it's better than others you've tried!

They used officially licensed maps, correct? Had some experience with trying to update my old unti with some "free" maps, and it just caused the whole NAV section to bite the big one!

What do you mean that the 4s didn't work? As in, you don't have one to try? Or that it wouldn't work fullstop?

What was the eBay seller your friend used? Might go scope out their prices ;)

All the lighting and EQ option still work as do the steering controls and Bluetooth.

The BT I have tried with Nokia lumia and galaxy S4 and sound just as good of that as iPod

Overall for the 400 I paid I am still stoked with it I the 2 year AUSTRALIAN warranty is a bonus.

Sorry I had to write like that my stuipid I pad I playing up.

Deew

Ok the 4 s simply didn't work according to the leader of the opposition.

All my map were updated April 2013 before I got the unit. All correct so far.

If you want I could probably save you a lot of time and money pm me for details,

Leave your money on the fridge.

Drew

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to fish up an old thread but I thought I would let everyone know. That the dude doing these units above has got a great special on I'm kicking myself for paying full price.

PM me if you want the details

Thanks again guys

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Right guys the Eonon head unit is in and I am very happy with for a number of reasons.

First off installation. Took me bout 2 hours with a smoko of course. Would have been sooner bout I left one of the mounting bolt out. Easy to wire up

3 in to 1 set up.

Sound quality......

Yep she is a winner, very surprised ,easily keeps up and surpasses the stock 2010 ZR6 unit.

Lots of EQ options along with the prospect of amp/sup combo or even two independent head rest units. Should be enough to keep the kids busy. BUT remember can't have both haha.

Radio doesn't miss a beat.

Not Digital but still comes up with station names etc

Now DVD.....

When you first set up your unit go to your setting and turn the brake sensor OFF.

This will save a lot of WTF moment later when it won't show your picture while drive.

After that sort I was impress in what the picture looks like.

For a 800x480 screen it's looks good and he anti glare coating helps a lot, when the sun finally decided to show up.

Ok misses iPod nano and classic work great. But not my 30 pin ipad 3. Booooooo

USB works up to 16 gig although it had troubles with the misses Kingston 8 giger.

Haven't tried the AUX..... Don't need it

Maps are simple but they work even arrow faces in right direction.

" I ran my antenna through to back off fire wall some where on the passenger side"

Have not used them much but worked good when I went to the shops.

Mini sd card works no worries 16 gig also.

And all the Bluetooth options work with my galaxy 4 and the misses Nokia lumia 820

And all the other options like backgrounds logo lights etc. all work just as described.

If you guys are after a unit like these I can get a 10 percent discount at extreme electronix.com or off his store on eBay for I think $404 at the mo.

Any questions fire away.

Some pics

Hi Bangtown, thanks for your great support for our Eonon!

And great news to tell you guys that we have Specific Car GPS For Toyota Camry 2007-2011 / Toyota Aurion 2006-2011.

Here are some main remarkable features to take your breath away: :clap:
-Screen Mirroring
-NFC URC
-External MIC
-ARM11 Processor
-Digital TV ( V0018 ) Compatible
-Steering Wheel Control Function
If you have any question toward this unit or have interest in joining in the group buy of this unit, just feel free to let me know, thanks a lot! ^_^

GM5164-01.jpg

Don't buy one they are Crap I've had 3 Eonon so far and all of them failed .2 died after 2 days of used the other one the touch screen went all funny and keep changing screen without me touching it within a month.

Save your money and if you after a cheap gps just buy a 7 or 10 inch android table and load maps on that .Plus you can load torque on it and get yourself a plug for a obd2 scanner interface. they're very cheap to buy .

Edited by Bill sx6

I bought and fitted one in my sx6 about 12 months ago.

Works well and have same sound quality as original.

GPS, Bluetooth etc and all other features are fantastic, but the only flaw I have found d is that it does not sync up well with steering wheel controls, but it may be operator error

have not been in touch with supplier to recommend a fix as I am not to fussed about this.

Supplier support with an install issue was fantastic as the instructions to load GPS software on install were a bit vague but they responded and kept at me until I had it running

I bought unit direct from eonon

Don't buy one they are Crap I've had 3 Eonon so far and all of them failed .2 died after 2 days of used the other one the touch screen went all funny and keep changing screen without me touching it within a month.

Save your money and if you after a cheap gps just buy a 7 or 10 inch android table and load maps on that .Plus you can load torque on it and get yourself a plug for a obd2 scanner interface. they're very cheap to buy .

Hi Bill, sorry to hear that. Could you PM me your email address and the order No? So that we can help you better, thanks!

I bought and fitted one in my sx6 about 12 months ago.

Works well and have same sound quality as original.

GPS, Bluetooth etc and all other features are fantastic, but the only flaw I have found d is that it does not sync up well with steering wheel controls, but it may be operator error

have not been in touch with supplier to recommend a fix as I am not to fussed about this.

Supplier support with an install issue was fantastic as the instructions to load GPS software on install were a bit vague but they responded and kept at me until I had it running

I bought unit direct from eonon

Thanks kathinij for your great support to our eonon. :wub:

Could you tell me which unit you have? And please provide me your order number and email address, so that i can ask our techs to solve this issue for you. Thanks a lot! ^_^

I bought the D5164 unit

Order number is an eBay order number through Eonon so not sure if it corresponds with eonon numbers. The order number is 360815838595-0

My email address is john.kathiniotis@philmac.com.au

Thanks

I bought the D5164 unit

Order number is an eBay order number through Eonon so not sure if it corresponds with eonon numbers. The order number is 360815838595-0

My email address is john.kathiniotis@philmac.com.au

Thanks

Hi kathinij, since you bought this unit from our eBay department, i have asked them to contact you soon.

Or you can email them directly: ebayeonon@gmail.com

Please rest assure, they will help you soon. Thanks!

So how do we find out the group buy price you mention? I sent pm but no reply yet. Thanks.

Hi nihonjin, sorry that i missed your PM.

Thanks for your interest, if there are enough people to join the group buy, then we will work out an awesome group buy price for you guys at that time, so that you can save a lot! Just stay tuned, cheers! :clap:

It only needs 10 people for the group buy, so welcome more guys to join. So that we can start the group buy ASAP. Thanks! :nopity:

• 4 weeks later...