Looking at Camry/Aurion specific head units

nzzr6

I am out of the GB now.

Not the price I was looking for being a Group Buy.

I have sourced my radio elsewhere.

Thanks

OK, DeviousZR6, i have removed your name from the GB list. Anyway, thank you so much for your support to Eonon. :)

Is that price delivered or delivery is on top?

Hi nihonjin, we provide free shipping fee for AU, so the total price is only 439AUD. If you buy it from our site now the price is 479AUD.

So now you guys can save 40AUD if you join the GB. Please welcome more friends to join, cheers.

I've purchased the GA5164 and a0110 reverse camera from Enonon Ebay site. received it last week and installed over the weekend. Very impressed with the unit. Slow cold boot but otherwise fast in all screens. i'll do a full review bit later. Installed the camera was probably the hardest part

I've purchased the GA5164 and a0110 reverse camera from Enonon Ebay site. received it last week and installed over the weekend. Very impressed with the unit. Slow cold boot but otherwise fast in all screens. i'll do a full review bit later. Installed the camera was probably the hardest part

Nice, congratz!

With the reverse cameras there seems to be multiple options, how did you pick? how do you know which is best/latest.

Nice, you installed it all yourself I assume. I'm wondering wether I'll do it myself or take it to someone.

Cant wait for your review :)

Wow, good news to hear that. :clap: Could you please also share with us the nice installations videos & pics? Thanks a lot in advance.

And we can't wait for your reviews. Cheers! ^_^

Hi guys, great news to tell you that you still can use 10USD Coupon: PayPalDeals to buy Eonon Toyota units:

Moreover, extra 2 free cool gifts are provided for any orders from registered members! Just know more details here: http://www.eonon.com/Memorial_day.aspx
memorialday_banner.jpg
Welcome to know more details and if you have any question, please feel free to contact us.
We will try our best to help you. :)

After much thought, I ordered this Erisin unit off eBay this week: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231452401614?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For only $290 AUD with free shipping it sounds like a bargain, so I'm looking forward to it's arrival. What stood out for me compared to other units was that it has 3 USB ports (1 on the front and 2 on the rear) so I can have my USB cables tucked up under the dash, and it has an external microphone input for Bluetooth so I can mount the mic in the factory position up on the roof map light. Before buying I was able to email the seller to make sure it came with New Zealand GPS maps too, so that's always a bonus :)

Shortly after I bought it on eBay I discovered I could have got it a bit cheaper by buying it directly through their website (just my luck, lol) but for the price it appears to be a great unit for the money. This is a link to their website if you want to get it a bit cheaper compared to their eBay listing: http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es7668m-8-car-dvd-player-gps-sat-navi-3g-iphone5-vmcd-toyota-aurion-camry_p547.html

After much thought, I ordered this Erisin unit off eBay this week: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231452401614?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For only $290 AUD with free shipping it sounds like a bargain, so I'm looking forward to it's arrival. What stood out for me compared to other units was that it has 3 USB ports (1 on the front and 2 on the rear) so I can have my USB cables tucked up under the dash, and it has an external microphone input for Bluetooth so I can mount the mic in the factory position up on the roof map light. Before buying I was able to email the seller to make sure it came with New Zealand GPS maps too, so that's always a bonus :)

Shortly after I bought it on eBay I discovered I could have got it a bit cheaper by buying it directly through their website (just my luck, lol) but for the price it appears to be a great unit for the money. This is a link to their website if you want to get it a bit cheaper compared to their eBay listing: http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es7668m-8-car-dvd-player-gps-sat-navi-3g-iphone5-vmcd-toyota-aurion-camry_p547.html

Just be aware that the unit you listed is WinCE based and not Android as the Eonon units in the group buy are. This is not a issue if you are going to use the unit as is with no intentions to customise or install new/alternative apps.

Hi, my LCD screen is gone (no touch controls/no reverse camera/no satnav) and I was going to replace it.

I've read dozens of posts now regarding aftermarket headunits for the GSV40R and all the Eonon's are rapidly declining after a few months.
Has anyone found a better AM heading that plugs straight in, or are there any other options?
Thanks

Just be aware that the unit you listed is WinCE based and not Android as the Eonon units in the group buy are. This is not a issue if you are going to use the unit as is with no intentions to customise or install new/alternative apps.

Yep, I'm aware of this :). I have no intentions of installing any apps as I have my smartphone for that B)

[Eonon Unique Sale for Instagrammers only!] :clap:

Hi guys, great news to tell you that you can enjoy the Group buy price of GA5164 Android Car DVD now. You don't need to wait until 10 people collected! You don't need to wait for it anymore.

If you follow our Instagram: eononofficial & like the below post on Instagram & share that link with your friends,
then you can also enjoy the GB price which is only 439AUD, with 36% OFF!

7 Days ONLY! First come, first service. :toast:
Just Email marketing@eonon.com and tell us you're from instagram with screenshot, we will tell you how to get this deal.

Come on to Email us and share! Thanks!

17992825670_089f35ac5d_o.png

Edited by EononCarDVD

I installed my Erisin unit today and so far I'm very impressed, especially for the low price. It does everything I expected and everything lines up as it should. Would definitely recommend them to other Aurion owners :)

IMG_1210-resized.jpg

IMG_1211-resized.jpg

IMG_1212-resized.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good. What gps software is it running ie igo?

Are the back lit lights customizable ie in your pictures they are blue can u change them?

Please continue to update any new features you find. Thanks.

Looks good. What gps software is it running ie igo?

Are the back lit lights customizable ie in your pictures they are blue can u change them?

Please continue to update any new features you find. Thanks.

Yep it runs iGo software for the GPS. You can change the back light for the buttons etc in the menu. There were quite a few colours to choose from when I looked. It was originally red but I changed it to blue to match the interior better. You can change the screen backgrounds too with built-in or custom images via SD/USB. One thing I've noticed with all aftermarket Camry/Aurion headunits is that they're obviously designed for the LHD market as the volume knob is on the left rather than on the right (heck, even the whole centre console curves slightly to the left, lol), which means you have to stretch your arm a bit to adjust the volume, however that's when the steering wheel controls really come in handy, and so far this new headunit seems to be compatible with all of the original SWCs.

What about reverse camera do u have this installed? If yes does it have the marks on the screen to indicate how close things are? Thanks.

What about reverse camera do u have this installed? If yes does it have the marks on the screen to indicate how close things are? Thanks.

I don't have a factory reversing camera on my Aurion but I have an aftermarket one that will be arriving soon. The grid lines will only be displayed if you're using the factory park assist computer as aftermarket cameras/headunits usually don't have this function built-in. I find that it's just as easy to park using the bumper as a guide, but may look at finding a factory park assist computer either from a GSV40 or GSV50 if I can get one cheap enough :)

Hi Full-Throttle, What model Erisin is your unit for the Aurion?

Cheers

It's the Erisin ES7668M. The one in this link: http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es7668m-8-car-dvd-player-gps-sat-navi-3g-iphone5-vmcd-toyota-aurion-camry_p547.html

They even have this crazy detachable tablet one, but I couldn't ever see myself needing that functionality: http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es7851c-7-capacitive-android-404-pad-car-dvd-player-for-camry_p473.html

Here's some night-time shots for anyone considering buying one of these units. You can change the background to a darker one (or custom one) if you don't want it as bright, or just set the auto-dim down lower, but I personally like it nice and bright :). So far so good! :lol:

IMG_1216-resized.jpg

IMG_1217-resized.jpg

Thanks for the detailed pics, it looks great.

Does the reverse camera and the normal steering controls work from the cables that are already in the Aurion, or did you have to retro fit new ones?

Cheers

Hi Brand

We haven't heard from you yet, still working on that review?

I just want to know how the unit holds up after a few months, I know you've only had it for a 2 weeks.

How has it been?

Cheers

Does the reverse camera and the normal steering controls work from the cables that are already in the Aurion, or did you have to retro fit new ones?

Cheers

No problem :). The reverse camera input is a single RCA connector, whereas the factory camera uses an OEM plug, so you'd have to cut the wires for the camera off the connector and wire it to a female RCA socket. It works perfectly with the factory steering wheel controls and has a learning mode in the menu. So basically what happens is you push the button in the menu (for example: VOL+) and then press the corresponding VOL+ button on the steering wheel and it will 'pair' that function and work as normal. There has been a couple of times where the unit has 'forgotten' that I've paired the buttons and I've had to quickly go into the menu and re-pair them, but it seems to have started behaving itself now.

Hi Brand

We haven't heard from you yet, still working on that review?

I just want to know how the unit holds up after a few months, I know you've only had it for a 2 weeks.

How has it been?

Cheers

The Enonon unit has been great. Not sure when i'll get a chance take pics and if i do they wont be as nice as like Full-Throttle's. but ask any questions and i'll answer

Packaging and shipping.

delivered within 5 days of placing order (including weekend) Delivery was via Toll and needed signing. Big box, lots of padding and everything was in it. Camera cam separate via HK/CN post about 2 days later.

Installation:

Everything held in place by clips (that dont break when you pull them) 4 bolts hold the radio and AC controls, 6 screws hold the radio and AC controls together. I would leave half a day to do the install your self if you have never opened the dash. I can not probably do it in 1hr easy.

Camera install was a lot more work. i didnt want to drill new hols for the camera so "expanded" an existing hole so i can slide the cable through (sprayed rust prevention around expanded hole too). two holes were made in the plastic trim above rear licence plate to hold camera. running wires was easy just follow the trim.

GPS antenne was glued with double sided take next to rear view mirror

Unit

boot up from cold start was 30 seconds. during this time if you put the gear into reverse the rear camera will come on instantly (ie you dont have to wait for the unit to boot to use rear camera) big plus to me (probably standard on all units)

GPS was very fast im using Sygric but going to try iGO

Audio is great, no difference to the stock (i was happy with stock) you have equliser and fade/balance controls)

steering controls work fine and can be mapped differently if you want. the radio app is very fast before i remove my finger from screen the next station is playing. reception is great as well auto detect finds stations i had no idea about. The is a "AMS" button that will retune the stations, dont use it. and i dont know how to disable it. basically it wil mess up your predefined stations.

BT was easy to setup and works within about 10 seconds after boot. using the built in mic i was told i sound a bit echoy but clear. radio cuts when you receive a call.

DVD works fine, i only used it to test though.

Wifi is very weak but i think that may be more to do with the shielding the car has as my phone got a better connection but not by much.maybe have to park with rear facing house and doors open? dunno.

Touch screen is very accurate and swiping is fast an no lag.

Full access to Google play installed google voice and trying to get it to work with apps instead of using the on screen keyboard. it works via data but want to save offline voice files. may need to root it. theres a huge disscussion on XDA foums regarding this and similar units (1300 pages last time i checked)

you can customerise the startup logo, but there is no LED customisation just white which dims when the headlights turn on.

Rear camera is very detailed, has no IR leds but looks great at night. has parking lines as well but the measurements are fixed so are not accurate. (1m on mine is actually 0.5m) this is probably due tot he angle i installed my camera. There are no reversing "beeps" to warn you if you are too close.

Anything i missed just ask. Being winter i only see the car when its dark during weekdays, will try to get some pics on the weekend.

Edited by brand

I have the same Erisin unit and am using it with the factory camera. Yes it has a setting to impose the parking marks (yellow and red lines) on top of the reverse camera image to help see how close things are.

No problem :). The reverse camera input is a single RCA connector, whereas the factory camera uses an OEM plug, so you'd have to cut the wires for the camera off the connector and wire it to a female RCA socket.

I have also bought this same model several weeks back. Installation of the unit was very easy except for the connection to the factory reverse camera. I have tried to use the existing cabling to the back for the factory camera, taking care to convert the standard 12V to 6V. What I did not expect though is that the two wires labelled "Cam power" and "Ground" from the Erisin are not acually connected at the head unit, and hence there's never any power to the camera and so no image. Once I found this with a multi-meter, and switch to take power from the reversing light, it's all good.

What I do notice though is that the image quality is noticebly lower than when the same camera was used with the factory head unit, but a bigger image is shown (can now see the number plate). Don't know why; maybe the factory unit does not use all the video signal and somehow use the extra information to improve the image quality. I cannot find any settings in the Erisin for me to adjust the image zoom and/or things like AGC. It only has settings to change the brightness/contract/hue manually and the one setting will apply to both bright and dark environments.

I also notice that if I try to use the front mini-usb to supply power to my crashcam, there will be very bad interference with bluetooth phone conversations.

Other than these minor things, I am very happy with my Erisin - assume you are too!