Another one.

Bry

Hi all, just got my Rukus the other day, moving from the Rav4 to this. Good to see other Oz owners, they're pretty thin on the ground in these parts that I've seen (WA).

Plans?

Lesee.... DRL's, Alpine system, auto headlight kit and rims. Kinda pushes the purchase price up, but being able to buy a build 3 so cheaply is a plus! :clap: (apparently I need my head checked :blink: for getting one, but that's from those who haven't driven)

Really miss the auto dimming mirror I had in the Rav too... so that's another project.

I'll post piccies when I get it happening. It's Saturday, no post, no goodies!

Bry

Congrats on the buy mate, there are so many mods you can do to these cars its unbelievable.. they are a highly modded car in the USDM / JDM.. so there are a vast range of things that you can buy for your car from the ie.. US, that will fit you're rukus..

also don't worry about the haters, it's a unique car.. that's what i love about mine.. i don't give a **** about what other people think.. unless there compliments :D

- Jim

Hey dude congrats on the purchase.... The rukus is such an awesome car to drive and own...

When ever I take mine out (it isn't often at the moment) all people do is point and stare... Such a good feeling...

Like flex said **** the haters....

Again congrats and get some pics up. Also what colour did you get and in the states they have an auto dimming mirror hit up trdsparks for prices...

Chris

Thanx guys,

Colour? Don't know what it is called, says blue on the paperwork, in certain light it does, otherwise it looks grey.

newrks.jpg

Concession I've made to get, is that it needs a towball and I've got a cover for the rear lip to stop it getting scratched more... last owner I expect. Still under warranty, but nothing needs attending too, so that's plus.

Mirror? I've got this one coming... http://tinyurl.com/jwjqgmq, comes up the same part number as TRD's. Went to order from there and found it requires Bongo... I have no experience with the forwarding company, any issues/tricks I should know of? The mirror comes with down lighting for the shifter. The C30 I had, had this also kinda cool.

The head unit that's going in is one of these, http://www.alpine.com.au/showItem.php?item_id=283, neat unit, it's got internal Bluetooth, the one out of the Rav (IDXA305i) needed a separate module. I've got to nut out how the small rear sub runs (input wise) if it takes a summed input of the speaker level channels, I might disconnect the factory amp and run a small dedicated amp off the sub output of the Alpine for a bit more control. Kinda waffles a bit at the moment, no independent control.

(Audio electronics background helps... :spiteful: ) Only a 6" admittedly and a box would give more and much better output, but if it's there, it isn't in the load space!

I'll post up some pics of the install stuff, might help someone.

Auto lights modules turn up next week, first project (and the wife made it clear the Swifts to be done also.... <_< )

Bry

Ahh tungsten is the toyota colour... In the states it's called stingray metallic... I have the same colour...

Looks good dude.... Congrats

Hi all, just got my Rukus the other day, moving from the Rav4 to this. Good to see other Oz owners, they're pretty thin on the ground in these parts that I've seen (WA).

Plans?

Lesee.... DRL's, Alpine system, auto headlight kit and rims. Kinda pushes the purchase price up, but being able to buy a build 3 so cheaply is a plus! :clap: (apparently I need my head checked :blink: for getting one, but that's from those who haven't driven)

Really miss the auto dimming mirror I had in the Rav too... so that's another project.

I'll post piccies when I get it happening. It's Saturday, no post, no goodies!

Bry

Mate Grats on the purchase, They're awesome car's enough grunt to be a fun drive and heaps of space on the inside. Look forward to seeing some mods and pics :) First thing to go those tiny 16inch wheels :P