Flex - The life of a box. ( Updated 13/01/2014 )

flexin

Awesome job! Looks really pimp... Cant wait to see the rest of your plans take shape inside - youve got a good eye for detail.

On any other car - that vinyl would just look whack. But that is pimp.

exactly what I thought too, I did a goog search and found a lot of rukus's with full body themed graphics, and they all look pretty amazing.

But I gotta say none have the same effect or contrast as jim's white camo.

Awesome job! Looks really pimp... Cant wait to see the rest of your plans take shape inside - youve got a good eye for detail.

Thanks bro, really appreciate the comments.. i am the type of person that likes things a certain way so i persist till my brain is happy LOL

exactly what I thought too, I did a goog search and found a lot of rukus's with full body themed graphics, and they all look pretty amazing.

But I gotta say none have the same effect or contrast as jim's white camo.

Thanks luke, means alot.. this project was definetly a hit or miss, i bit the bullet and went for it and it exceeded my expectations, very happy with the final outcome, ill be reppin this for a while!, nothing like this in sydney lol!

God damn that is one awesome rukus - a real piece of work man.

Your car looks evil :D

thanks bro, we tried to use sharper patterns @ the front to give the front end a more agressive look

That looks AWESOME

thanks bro

WOW !

:D

Just a heads up guys, if any of you guys want to get vinyl work done in syd i would recommend carbondemon, ( www.carbondemon.com.au ) i do not have a biased opinion as i have been to provinyl also, Mike from carbon demon is a legend, the communication & customer service was a+ and his work speaks for itself, he had to re-wrap the roof for me and i also compared it to provinyls and the roof is flawless, the workmanship is 5stars, if you guys speak to him bring up Jim with the camo rukus and i am sure he will look after you

- Jim

Hey Jim,

Im no pro... but I don't take a bad photo - but ill let you be the judge below :-P. If any of this sort of stuff takes your fancy - let me know. Did you have a theme/location in mind?

7_zps3ab133a8.jpg

1_zps66523ac6.jpg

evoshoot04-02-11-18revised_zps712a4094.j

I am no photograper but those pictures look great to me, ideally i would love to take my box to the snow as a backdrop.. i think that would look sexy to go with the "arctic camo inspired theme", but i aint doing that lol, so apart from that i wouldn't really know where.. when i try and take some nice pictures with my iphone i just take it underneath tom uglys bridge and take some quick snap shots with the bridge behind the car etc.., let me know what you think..!
- Jim

sup guys, just a few shots from the exhaust i got changed, took off 1 cat added a resonator, xforce muffler split into 2 pipes with 2 quad turn up 3.5" tips, all stainless

ex4_zps32f6ff92.jpg
ex3_zps7d3df836.jpg
ex2_zpsefbfb020.jpg

atleast thats out of the way now!

• Like 1

I am no photograper but those pictures look great to me, ideally i would love to take my box to the snow as a backdrop.. i think that would look sexy to go with the "arctic camo inspired theme", but i aint doing that lol, so apart from that i wouldn't really know where.. when i try and take some nice pictures with my iphone i just take it underneath tom uglys bridge and take some quick snap shots with the bridge behind the car etc.., let me know what you think..!

- Jim

Hey Jim, same as Cam_mac, I'm no pro but check out my gallery and see if you like any of the photo's from past meets and annuals, my profile pic was taken without any photoshop work done afterwards (just resized), just hit me up for a PM if you want to do a photo shoot (see if I can wrangle in my cousin as well who actually is a graphic designer and has a decent photography set up) :)

Well damn mate - some sexy pipes there ;)

Thanks bro, appreciate it..i like this look way better than the 2 massive cannons i had, they were too much.. i think these give it more of a balanced look

- Jim

Hey Jim, same as Cam_mac, I'm no pro but check out my gallery and see if you like any of the photo's from past meets and annuals, my profile pic was taken without any photoshop work done afterwards (just resized), just hit me up for a PM if you want to do a photo shoot (see if I can wrangle in my cousin as well who actually is a graphic designer and has a decent photography set up) :)

Your work also looks good, when we get together we can talk about it no problems, just want to get some nice shots.. going by those pictures you got more experience than me lol!, i am just waiting on a couple more things to do, getting some monitors put in the car and also will be getting my front and back lights modified to make them look sex, thanks to Luke on this board.

F*** man!! that's crazy!! Nice work!

How does it sound like now? Must be loud lol

Thanks bro, it actually isn't that loud, i didn't want it loud.. i have had many cars in the past with loud pipes, i start work early in the morning the last thing i want to hear is the exhaust LOL, he did it exactly how i wanted it to sound, its quiet on idle but when you punch it, it gives off a nice deep tone, i got a couple more pics, some on the hoist... when i get bored of these stainless ill be ceramic coating these pipes matt black, but thats down the track, he put flanges on for easy removal.

ex8_zps51dde045.jpg

ex7_zpse790f06f.jpg

ex6_zpscf4c0c0e.jpg

Did you get your exhaust done at Croydon by any chance?

And is the owners name John or something? Cant remember his name tbh lol

I agree with you mate, definetely makes the car sexier vs having 2 cannons or even 2 mufflers there really.

Going to be at the meet this month :D?

Yeah, i like the look way better.. and the missus too! thats always a bonus lol.. where is the meet going to be?, and how do you know when meets are on?, sorry if that's a silly question lol!

Did you get your exhaust done at Croydon by any chance?

And is the owners name John or something? Cant remember his name tbh lol

Yeh mate, its @ precision mufflers / croydon, his name is John, very good bloke and i am very happy with his work!, he isnt very well known but a good mate of mine recommended him.. he gets all his exhaust work done by him, and i am very happy.. i will be going there for all my exhaust work now, i had the cannons done @ bankstown mufflers and that was a fkn nightmare, bad customer service, & bad quality work, i had to go there and leave my car there for weeks on and off because of the bad workmanship & they damaged by rear bar at the time and denied it was them till i got up them and they had to rectify the problem.. just a heads up

I agree with you mate, definetely makes the car sexier vs having 2 cannons or even 2 mufflers there really.

Yeah, i like the look way better.. and the missus too! thats always a bonus lol.. where is the meet going to be?, and how do you know when meets are on?, sorry if that's a silly question lol!

Yeah it is always a plus when the missus likes it ;)

It's at Greenacre Maccas, there is a map on page 1 here: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/34174-sydney-monthly-meet31813-greenacre-maccas/page-84

The thread is updated every month of new meet ups :)

^^

Exactly the same as me man (minus the damage)

Went to Bankstown for a "cat-back" (not really, they just put a muffler on) ages ago and I have to agree, they are a nightmare to deal with. I wouldn't recommend anyone to them.

Yeah its a shame that he isn't that well known. He is a top guy and knows what he's doing. :)

Yeah it is always a plus when the missus likes it ;)

It's at Greenacre Maccas, there is a map on page 1 here: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/34174-sydney-monthly-meet31813-greenacre-maccas/page-84

The thread is updated every month of new meet ups :)

Thanks mate i should be able to come! unless i have family commitments i need to go to but should be sweet, wouldnt mind meeting new people :) im sure you will know im there if i rock up in an artic camo rukus lol!!

^^

Exactly the same as me man (minus the damage)

Went to Bankstown for a "cat-back" (not really, they just put a muffler on) ages ago and I have to agree, they are a nightmare to deal with. I wouldn't recommend anyone to them.

Yeah its a shame that he isn't that well known. He is a top guy and knows what he's doing. :)

Lol! they are bad mate, only reason i go anywhere near them now is to get work done at doran, John is a top bloke, i went there the other day because i could smell something i was like wtf, i rocked up he chucked it up on the hoist i ended up catching a plastic bag underneath and it melted on the piping, he scraped if off for me lol
  • Like 1

Ordered a new headunit to run all the monitors, Pioneer - avh-x5550bt

will be selling my toyota headunit, top of the line / gps / sat / nav/ 24/7 live update traffic feeds, ipod control, etc etc
double din, let me know if anyone is interested, heres a link to it., its an awesome deck, the only reason i am changing it is because i cant run the monitors with it, i needed an aftermarket deck, no scratches nothin

http://www.toyota.com.au/rukus/accessories#item-rukus_accessories-tab-1-audio_visual_unit_with_satellite_navigation_sup_r5_sup

• Like 1

Havnt got it yet, but it says it does, i use my iphone 5 if i ever need a gps.. dont they all play dvds? i picked this deck up at a good price, i like how the interface looks also