Registering a 93 Hilux with a 2L motor not a 3L motor in it

tobesthebogan

Hey all ive got a 93 Hilux extra cab turbo diesel with a 2L motor in it i bought on ebay. It originally came with a 3L motor in it. My boss is doing the roady for me and he requires a letter from vicroads or Toyota he said saying the 2L motor is ok to put in as a replacement for the 3L motor. A 2L motor is a 2.4 litre motor and a 3L is a 2.8 litre. I finally got through to vicroads and they said i need to contact Toyota on that one. Can anyone help me out on that one please. Cheers Mark.

google "toyota australia contact us", send email to tech department. I'll send one off too, as I'll need it for my 2LII-T instead of 5L.

Sorry, that's wrong. You have contact your local dealer, and get his co-operation. Here in WA there is a guideline that >10% more power requires application for a modified vehicle, before you start.

I'll read the guidelines more closely-the general thing is they don't want to increase risks to public safety/convenience. A 10% performance drop should be allowed, but you'll have to match the pollution crap up. The GVM of donor and finished vehicles should be similar, and power to weight ratios not greatly worse, I suppose.

Edited by Manxman