Aftermarket Speakers for Camry Atara SX

COMPOSED

Hey Lads,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some help? I'm in the market for better quality speakers to put in my Camry.Has anyone got any ideas on how to go about this as it's my first time doing it.I do want high quality speakers not cheepo's and will this affect my car warranty?

Cheers Justin

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/310-7th-generation-2012/501586-replace-base-audio-system-2013-camry-se.html

Ive used the US site a fair bit for ideas and info - Theres also a 96 pages of thread on the same site under 'What did you do to your

gen 7 camry today' which is pretty interesting too.

Doesn't some of the new SX come with JBLs? I have always been a Pioneer and Sony lover because of their quality. While you're doing it - maybe get an AMP and hook it up :)

I would be careful though with the warranty because you have to open all these areas, but as long as you can keep it looking the same as it was before and they won't know then I don't see why not :)

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/310-7th-generation-2012/501586-replace-base-audio-system-2013-camry-se.html

Ive used the US site a fair bit for ideas and info - Theres also a 96 pages of thread on the same site under 'What did you do to your
gen 7 camry today' which is pretty interesting too.

This link should help you a lot with replacing the actual speakers.

• Like 1

Doesn't some of the new SX come with JBLs?

I thought only the SL came with the JBL package - I enquired on getting a JBL upgrade for my S but no go.

Ah yeah you're right.

That sucks, oh well. Upgrading should be very easy, basically just take the door trims out, replace speakers, put it all back together, and its the same deal with the rear speakers, but I think you might have to take the seats out. It's just the tweeters that might be a bit tricky.

I got my amp for sale if you're interested, still Brand new, got it for half the RRP and selling for the same price I got it for :)

I was going to upgrade mine, but getting too lazy now so just changed my deck - maybe next year lol

Luckily mine came with JBL's, I gota admit they sound awesome!!! I just noticed tho one speaker was missing from the back in the boot. Is with every one? the right one i think :/

Luckily mine came with JBL's, I gota admit they sound awesome!!! I just noticed tho one speaker was missing from the back in the boot. Is with every one? the right one i think :/

No way! There's meant to be 2 in the boot I'm sure, I have 6 speakers in my camry :)

I wish I had the patience and cash to do the JBL now but i think it'll hurt my brain.

No need for JBL - go for Pioneer or Sony shouldn't set you back too much

Thanks fellas I'll talk to my toyota dealer and ask what the go is with warranty and go from there. I think i'll definetly get pioneer speakers but i'm not sure if i should get tweeters and an amp with them. I might also see if i can get someone else to do it lol up at the gold coast atm so I might ask for some quotes.