Changes in Shell V-Power?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, SINCE when did Shell justify a 7c to 10c premium OVER BP Ulti? Has anyone realised that lately, or have I been under my freakin cave all this time and this is very very old news to all? I used to do BP Ulti but because we shopped at Coles, I thought instead of putting those useless 4c off dockets in the bin, I'd use them (4c off saves sqaut anyway). I remember specifically 3mths ago, BP Ulti & V-Power were the same price.

Since then, I have not compared pricing between BP & Shell (cuz we all have soooo much time), and because today the missus left a BP Ulti receipt on the table, by accident I saw the price -> It was 8c less than V-Power <-

I pump at the cheapest day in our fortnightly cycle (here in Vic), which is every 2nd Thurs/Fri.

Shell ULP = 1.42 / Shell V-Power = 1.60 / BP ULP = 1.41 / BP Ulti = 1.52

I double checked the pricing at another Shell pump, and it was the same...

If it's because it's fuel developed with Ferrari, well…I really don't give a horses arrears. BP Ulti, Vpower & Caltex Vortex98 are all apples, not a mixture of pears, oranges & grapes

Not a rant as such, just stunned. If this is Westfarmer's way of getting back at consumers for the "low" prices they offer at Coles, I'm gonna throw a brick into the reception of Coles HQ here in Toorak, Vic.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, SINCE when did Shell justify a 7c to 10c premium OVER BP Ulti? Has anyone realised that lately, or have I been under my freakin cave all this time and this is very very old news to all? I used to do BP Ulti but because we shopped at Coles, I thought instead of putting those useless 4c off dockets in the bin, I'd use them (4c off saves sqaut anyway). I remember specifically 3mths ago, BP Ulti & V-Power were the same price.

Since then, I have not compared pricing between BP & Shell (cuz we all have soooo much time), and because today the missus left a BP Ulti receipt on the table, by accident I saw the price -> It was 8c less than V-Power <-

I pump at the cheapest day in our fortnightly cycle (here in Vic), which is every 2nd Thurs/Fri.

Shell ULP = 1.42 / Shell V-Power = 1.60 / BP ULP = 1.41 / BP Ulti = 1.52

I double checked the pricing at another Shell pump, and it was the same...

If it's because it's fuel developed with Ferrari, well…I really don't give a horses arrears. BP Ulti, Vpower & Caltex Vortex98 are all apples, not a mixture of pears, oranges & grapes

Not a rant as such, just stunned. If this is Westfarmer's way of getting back at consumers for the "low" prices they offer at Coles, I'm gonna throw a brick into the reception of Coles HQ here in Toorak, Vic.

Check what the 91s are. Decent chance that the BP 91 is normal whilst the Caltex/Shell 91 is E10, which is usually another 4c/L cheaper than standard 91. (BP in NSW at least have removed E10 91 from most of their sites for 2013 as they are supposedly running scheduled maintenance and can't stock E10)

It is a known thing that Woolies/Coles inflate the prices so that the 4c/L discount just brings them back in line/slightly under the other servos, if you fill up at a Woolies-Caltex or Coles-Shell without using a shopper-docket you're a downright fool (or have absolutely no other choice)

the 91s I saw in Shell & BP were both normal 91s, not E10s.

I cant fathom how Coles can justify 8c more for Vpower over BP Ulti, that's all.

If anything, BP Ulti has a much better rep for delivery on a "quality" product

DO ETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

• 4 years later...

Fuel prices in Cairns is around the $1.57 & that's just for unleaded. If you fill up at a PUMA you will receive a 4c off if you are a RACQ member. 

No need for those 4c off shopping dockets, the starting price is $1.55 so you get it for $1.51. But the funny thing was the station down the road 

was selling for a low $1.49 but you had to line up and the line was down the street. I would highly recommend downloading the app 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pineconesoft.petrolspy  this will help you guys get the best deal. God knows we all need a helping hand. 

Cheers