Potential New Owner - KX-S

Bards

Hi all,

The wife and I are on the hunt for a new car and I think we've settled on a 2012 onward KX-S. we will most likely by second hand from a reputable dealer.

A couple of questions I have are

1. Are the seats full leather, or just trimmed leather? Some photos I've seen look like they a cloth insert. (Obviously I can solve this when I view in person)

2. Does the multi-screen have GPS in it, or is that only on the Grande?

3. Other than the spare wheel and steering knock issues, is there anything else I should look for on a second hand car?

4. Is there a significant extra maintenance cost with the AWD and would it likely use more fuel?

Cheers

Glenn

I've worked out that the seats are full leather, it's the perforation that makes it look different in some photos .

From what I can tell there is no sat nav as required buttons are missing in comparison to the grande.

I've also worked out that since I am now looking at a current model (was previously looking at 2008 onwards), I can find these things on current web site.

Cheers

Glenn.

Listen closely to the transaxle when you test drive. Transmission whinning around 60-70k and at 100-110k speed apparently is common issue of kluger. Mine had it but was fixed under warranty. I think it something to do with how kluger's final drive gear.

If the odo is close to 80,000km, make sure you get them to change the in-tank fuel filter as they expensively charge this service. You would not probably get a 2012 kluger with 80,000km on the road but just in case you settle on older yr model.

Check also if vvti oil line is already the metal/steel type. 2012 onward built kluger, i think is already using the metal/steel type instead of rubber type. It is commom on those 2007-2008 built.

Good news, I won't need to concern myself with these things as we have managed to find a MY12 KXS AWD first registered 2013 with 3,500km on the clock. Just waiting for the final finance approval, but it shouldn't be an issue. Picked this up for a tick under $50k which I was pretty happy with. Not a true demo, been driven by dealers wife, and it's spotless inside and out. Guess the first decision is what to do about the spare.

Cheers