skintoonz

HI all. New member here. Picked up my 2012 build1 rukus 2 weeks ago. Put new 18 inch wheels and tyres on her and swapped out the head unit with a new you beaut ebay job with dvd and sat nav. Now just a little lowering next week and try hunt downa towbar and im all set.

just a quick snap from the old iphone.

post-33651-0-31614800-1377682740_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanx crypt. She goes in tomoro morning to be lowered.

Awesome be sure to post up some pics :) who are you going with? also you just doing springs or springs and shocks, or even coilovers?

Thanx crypt. She goes in tomoro morning to be lowered.

Awesome be sure to post up some pics :) who are you going with? also you just doing springs or springs and shocks, or even coilovers?

or maybe bags....

or is that just me

• Like 1

Thanx guys. Just got back home. looks awesome. very happy. Got a mate at the Tyre Factory in Sunshine, Just did king springs, cant go to low as I have back problems and don't want to hard a ride. Just needed to take a little air out of it sails. Will try take some pix 2moro and get em up ASAP

HI all. New member here. Picked up my 2012 build1 rukus 2 weeks ago. Put new 18 inch wheels and tyres on her and swapped out the head unit with a new you beaut ebay job with dvd and sat nav. Now just a little lowering next week and try hunt downa towbar and im all set.

just a quick snap from the old iphone.

Hi Shane, Welcome to the Best Car Club in Town ;) Congratulations on Picking up your Rukus hope your Rukus Brings you a lot of Happy Driving & one word of warning don't feel ashamed if People call the Rukus names, believe me i have heard every name under the sun & now i am quite used to it & i not let it bother me. i own a Rukus Halo which is 2011 model which i am sure you are well aware :D i was one of the lucky ones to have driven my Halo straight from the Toyota Showroom & because i was so much Nervous i didn't get to see how many K's were on the Clock not that it mattered. if i wasn't owning a Halo i would have Picked the Furnace Color as i have seen it up close & love the many Sparkles it has in the paint work. my Sign writer who did my Halo sticker on the back Bumper was also Owning a Halo here in Cairns but come 7 days short of 1 year old he had an Accident which wasn't his fault & sadly his Halo was written off & now he is also having the same Rukus Model as You the Beautiful Burgundy. sadly i couldn't afford to put 18's on my Halo still keeping the 16's with Painted Purple wheel inserts which look quite amazing now that i have had them newly repainted also my Mirror's & Spoiler freshly repainted. i am sure you will not Stop at doing your modifications as i seem to be going & going ;) when will it end hmmm. Yeah you don't want to go too low hahaha. i am here also if there is anything you would like to know even though i am still learning myself :rolleyes: i too Love E-bay there is so much that you can get for your Rukus & i just ordered 4 set of Scion xB Mud Flaps from a guy in the States, if you are wishing to buy mudflaps send me a pm & i will send you the link as the guy knows me & looked after me & i am sure he will look after you too just tell him you know me ;) even though my Halo is nearly 3 years old in April next Year i have found that driving on the road & not having mudflaps has many times Splattered mud, black tar, & all the other Sh*t & it drives me Crazy but then again i am having a lighter Color than you. OK that's it from me hope to see you on here a little more. Hope you Enjoy your Rukus, we are the Chosen few to Drive this Magnificent Beast :spiteful:

Hey Sonia. Thanks for the kind welcome. You have a cute little burple (blue/purple) theme goin on there. Im not worried about what others say about my rukus. As far as im concerened shes a beut. Thanks for the heads up about the mudflaps. would be keen to see a Cpl pix when you get them fitted.

• Like 1

Check out my gallery for a pic of my new head unit. Got it off ebay, plugged straight in. no joining wires so it was a piece of cake. Now if I can only find that pesky antenna booster wire. Its got gps, dvd. Bluetooth with ad2p, usb. sd card, and even digital tv,(but im still sortin that out) plus a whole bunch of other stuff all for 300 Aus delivered. I wish it could make cappachinos

dash

• Like 2

Check out my gallery for a pic of my new head unit. Got it off ebay, plugged straight in. no joining wires so it was a piece of cake. Now if I can only find that pesky antenna booster wire. Its got gps, dvd. Bluetooth with ad2p, usb. sd card, and even digital tv,(but im still sortin that out) plus a whole bunch of other stuff all for 300 Aus delivered. I wish it could make cappachinos

Hi Skintoonz, what do you think of the Ebay head unit. whats the sound quality like etc. Im also thinking of updating my build 1 head unit

Hey Quit. Yea I like it and it was super easy to fit as I got the one designed for the rukus so it had the same plugs. It was an eanon http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370770650889?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_15873wt_1006. This seller has Aus warranty, but I wasn't impressed with their service. Told me they had in stock so it would take a couple of day but it came from china and took 2 weeks. But overall the unit is quite good and easy to use. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hey Quit. Yea I like it and it was super easy to fit as I got the one designed for the rukus so it had the same plugs. It was an eanon http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370770650889?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_15873wt_1006. This seller has Aus warranty, but I wasn't impressed with their service. Told me they had in stock so it would take a couple of day but it came from china and took 2 weeks. But overall the unit is quite good and easy to use. Good luck.

Cheer. ill give it agp