My SP23 Muncher

DuGong

Its possibly not surprising, though ... if Dugong's CAI is worth even 5kW to him, then the Ascent actually ends up with a better power/weight than the SP23!

So much for their "high performance" model! :D

Hey dude,

if ur gonna make a night of it y dont u invite a few of the other rolla boys .... would have been good to have a combined mazda/rolla meet ... as the mazda guys hardely ever meet up....

cheers

Bill

Hey dude,

if ur gonna make a night of it y dont u invite a few of the other rolla boys .... would have been good to have a combined mazda/rolla meet ... as the mazda guys hardely ever meet up....

cheers

Bill

yeah that be a good idea.... i will try and organise a night ...mazda3/ rolla night

-------------------------

i can feel the diff in the cai... more free flowing... i thinnk im gonna get a K&N panel for more flowing air....

hey add me to the sp23 killed list, the're not as tough as they make themselves seem

How far did u whip it by? If the Sportivos are easily beating the SP23, then whats with all the talk of them able to take on the sportivos?

well i've done a few, no really consistent results, except that they all killed me in first gear, usually bout a car length after 1/4 mile roughly, the sp23 would probably start clawing back after that. but the closest one was an sp23 with an exhaust (that i could see) and he jumped like half a length in front with first gear (my fault) after that acceleration was the same, but i'd cut back a quarter length every gear shift, bad driver? better gearbox? better clutch? but either way, was a close one

• 2 weeks later...
had a run against an Sp20 2003 model!!!  What sad car! for a 2lt its poor! Very poor!

Its interesting, actually ... the SP20's weight is roughly equivalent to the 1ZZ Rolla's but has 2kW less and only 3Nm more (and that's 300rpm higher in the rev range).

Normal 1ZZ's should be competitive at the very least, and the Stivo's should leave them for dead. :D