LC 200 Genuine Alloy Nullbar Sensor Issues

ohwhatalemon

Hi All

I am not a great fan of the LC200 as my first one (GXL) used a lot of oil and was never fixed after 3 years. The new 2013 Sahara model I fitted a genuine Toyota alloy bull bar and due to the design the front parking sensors which I believe are also on the VX move from the front to the sides so you can run straight into a brick wall without alert. Obviously you would'nt but I used the sensors to get my LC200 into my garage which is a tight fit so getting in as close to the front wall essential. Spoke with Toyota and yet again they are ignoring the fact that they have yet another issue with this vehicle. Consumer affiars agree that there is a problem but they can only "ask" the parties to help out and Toyota have said no to that as well. The sensors move from the origianl bumper from the front to 150mm around the side of the bull bar and definetly don't work forward. I know some will say why buy another but I thought about all the other models out there and the LC200 is the only one I would trust to tow my 24ft van around Australia. It just does not seem right whe you spend $85K on a GXL and it uses more oil that diesel ans then buy a $120k Sahara and fitting a genuine Toyota bull bar and the front parking sensors no longer work towards the front!

Has anyone else had the same problem and complained to Toyota because they say I am the first.......yer right! So off to Court I go!

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem with My VX and are currently arguing with Toyota who have told me the sensors are side sensors only.

The manual clearly shows that the sensors work in front of the lights. They have informed me that this problem has arisen before.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have just purchased a 2014 Sahara, i have not got the bullbar. Coming from a Prado (which had excellent front sensors) to the Landcruiser has been a shock. The dual head sensors are next to useless as they are on the corners of the bumper. I enquired about upgrading it to a four head like the Prado but that is not an option. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back to using my own eyes and brain!!!!