face lift CAI question

Daz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree i think the fog lights look hot BUT you can get fined for driving with them on anyways so in a way im helping myself

1 not using them so i dont ge fined

2 better performance due to direct air raming the air pod

SWEET :D

as for gtting fined for using foggies

i know not many people actually get pulled up for this but trust me you still can if the cop wants to be a prick

haha yeah i agree i think if a rule is a rule then it should be inforced not get that bloke cus he looks like a hoon but we will let them go cus its a family

either make it a law or scrap it i say

ok guys!

I just got my TRD CAI.

Number 1: The guy told me i need to cut a little bit of the metal so it can fit? anyone had to do this to facelift model?

number 2: my filter is a TRD filter with the number and sticker and guarentee everything but it has not whole in the front for ducting oh well

im pretty certain you will have to cut it cus its an even tighter fit AGAIN compared to 03-04 model

my silicone clamps on my CAI arent actually straight there slightly bent im worried they might split hehe then ill be in some trouble then hehe

but im sure its ok its pretty strong stuff, im just worrying about nothing

but thats cus its such a tight fit in the 05 model

im pretty certain you will have to cut it cus its an even tighter fit AGAIN compared to 03-04 model

my silicone clamps on my CAI arent actually straight there slightly bent im worried they might split hehe then ill be in some trouble then hehe

but im sure its ok its pretty strong stuff, im just worrying about nothing

but thats cus its such a tight fit in the 05 model

il take my time with it so i dont do any damage.

did you cut something of yours?

what did you cut?

no i didnt cut anything

my CAI was engineered in australia and claims to be better than the TRD due to it being an exact copy BUT with few slight changes made to make it better

EXAMPLE mandrel bends hehe

as for price it all comes dwn to the air pod you buy too, cus my pod was expensive

but the CAI with the base pod is $300

so obviously i payed more than that but i reckon i gotta a pretty good deal

no my apexu filter is dry filter setup so no oil

man i hate the rain felt my pod today and it was all wet :(

but its ok wasnt getting that wet that it would cause any major dramas

well not soon, but maybe in the long run :(

hey pplz,

question for facelift owners-

Those of you with CAI, did u have to modify ur intake to make it fit? or was it a simple plug and play- if so, wat brands and how did u do it (ie wat did u have to mod)

i have heard from a few owners that have installed the Simota kit from Shift Performance that the foglight needed to be removed for the filter to fit or a modifcation to the end of the pipe.. wat exactly needed to be done?

..anyone with the TRD, AEM, Injen or other with any insights??

Hey Guys,

Just an extension of DAZ's original question is there any significant differences in the different brands of CAI on the market?

TRD, AEM, Injen, Simota

I've notice some big price differences just wondering if it refects in performance

AEM and Injen are almost identical

TRD has a different design in the bends but is about the same length

Simota is narrower then the others and is a 2 piece design rather then a single pipe like the others.

Check out the Garages of a few cars that have the differnt CAIs and see the difference there :)

it was all the way up the pipe, it was even touching the metal where the pipe protrudes through, so cutting it won't make a difference to how much further up you can push it, but hey don't listen to me i only have it installed on my car :blink:

well do you have pics.

if i cant do it il get toyota to do it. they will charge alittle but they say if they do it it will be under warranty if the rubbers crack filter stuffes up.

you can get an extesnion pipe that angles the pod away from the fog light so that way it doesnt have to come out

but so far corzza EVERY ONE ive spoken to the CAI doesnt fit without taking the fog light out in the 05 model

including mine

so until you can prove us wrong please dont try and tell us what we have already done

cheers buddy

Edited by evl_50a