Central locking problems please help aurion gurus!!

aurion2012

Hi Guys,

i have just brought a 2012 Aurion sportivo zr6 . (best thing i ever did)

but i need help with my central locking its driving me crazy when i start the car and drive the doors lock. but when i turn off the car the car doors do not auto open i have to press the doors open to open..

is there some type of setting that need to be set on order for it to not auto lock?

thanks guys for your help!!

G'day mate

Very simple to fix.

Put the key in the ignition, turn it on as though you wanted to listen to the radio, but don't start the car.

On the multi function screen press the set up button, you'll then see an option for vehicle, press that and then you'll see a list of things that you can change, the auto locking etc is one of them.

You can change whether the car locks itself and if it does how it handles unlocking etc.

Just take your time and you'll be able to work it out.

If all else fails I think they handbook for the car shows you how to do it as well.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

• Like 1

I was getting annoyed with the chirping/beeping that my 2011 Aurion Touring was making when I was using the key fob to Lock and Unlock my car.

One beep to lock, two beeps to unlock.

I asked the guys at Gary McMillan Toyota about this when I took it in for a service some time ago .. and the guy quoted me something like $140 to get it "reprogrammed" or whatever they do.

Today I was out and drove past LeMans Toyota in Deer Park, on the way back I stop in at LeMans and spoke about the issue with one of the guys in the Service Department.

He goes and gets a Technician who plugged some contraption into the plug at the bottom right hand corner of the dashboard. A few minutes later; fixed. No more beeping/chirping when locking/unlocking the car.

The charge? Nothing ! Awesome .... so a BIG thumbs up for LeMans Toyoya in Deer Park.

Sorry Gary McMillan but I think that LeMans just got a new customer when it comes to getting their car serviced.

when i had a 08 aurion first look at the new aurions i never liked it ,but later when you own it then it keeps looking better and more beast...

inside is just way better then before, feels greater and i think more stable.. toyota have done a great job with the aurions, i can just imagin lowing it with 20inch deep dish rims it will look insane!!!

Yeh its crazy,The new aurions have keyless entry. push start engine, saves so much petrol . everything has pretty much changed...

My 08 ZR6 has all of these features aswell...and a nicer kit to boot :)

He goes and gets a Technician who plugged some contraption into the plug at the bottom right hand corner of the dashboard. A few minutes later; fixed. No more beeping/chirping when locking/unlocking the car.

It's pretty sad isn't it - all they have to do is plug in the computer and uncheck a box in the setting menu. They wanted to charge $140 tut tut.

I got 2 Aurions in my household. A 3500SL and a ZR6. Both of which, I have disabled the confirmation beep for the central locking. It was the first things I changed on the cars. The appropriate scantool is required for the job though. Not sure if there is aftermarket software that does more than reads/clears codes and displays a data list (of revs/temp/a-f mixture etc)